Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Author Bio Policy

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gene (new)

Gene What are acceptable sources for author bio? I found the following bio of Arkady Strugatsky to be incomprehensible:
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

I tried to fix the most obvious errors (looks like a really bad translation), but some parts are simply impossible to fix. This needs to be changed.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42057 comments Mod
Best source: an author's own website, when that exists (and has a bio listed). Or their publisher's site. Wikipedia is acceptable, but please add (Source: Wikipedia) at the end. Other sources may be, depending.

message 3: by Gene (new)

Gene rivka wrote: "Best source: an author's own website, when that exists (and has a bio listed). Or their publisher's site. Wikipedia is acceptable, but please add (Source: Wikipedia) at the end. Other sources may b..."

Thank you! I will look around and find the best place from your recommendations.

message 4: by annob (last edited Apr 04, 2019 10:39PM) (new)

annob | 1521 comments Are Amazon author bios an exceptable source for Goodreads? Reason for asking is I've seen several unclaimed profiles in need of bio updates, which would be easy to get from Amazon in several of my cases.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Apr 04, 2019 11:34PM) (new)

rivka | 42057 comments Mod
That's fine, but please add (Source: Amazon) at the end.

message 6: by annob (new)

annob | 1521 comments Understood, and thank you for your quick reply.