Because we love books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Challenges > ONE NAME, A LOT OF BOOKS! - May 2019 Challenge - Signs Up!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 121 comments Mod
Your name is a special part of you. So when I was trying to create the challenge for May I thought, "Why not use it to read new books? And I had an idea! This month challenge? Simple. Read books whose title starts for a letter of your name!

The rules are simple:

- You can read any book whose title starts for a letter of your name. You can disregard the articles (The, an, a) or not. It's your choice!

- You can't use the same book twice.

- You can use your name or your Goodreads name. If you use your name and it is not your Goodreads name you need to informe us about your name.

- If you read a book for each letter of your name you will receive bonus points. You receive 100 points for each letter of your name. You just can receive the bonus once.

- All the general challenges rules are applicable to this challenge.

- You can participate alone or in a team.

> If you want to be part of a team write it in the comment. Don't forget to tell me if you want to participate as...

* Serious Reader - 10+ books
* Medium Reader - 6+ books
* Just for Fun Reader - Any amount of books

If you have any question feel free to ask me!

message 2: by Beatriz (new)

Beatriz I want to participate in the challenge alone. I will use my Goodreads name.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Then, welcome to our challenge ONE NAME, A LOT OF BOOKS! !

message 4: by Moonkiszt (new)

Moonkiszt (moonkisztgmailcom) Hello - I'm in. . . .will use my GR name. How do you report back, just the list of what you read?

What is the significance of the level you participate at? Is it just 6+ books read in this challenge or 6+ books read in a month or ?

thanks for clarifying ;)

message 5: by Jodie (new)

Jodie (jodie.loves.books) Hey! I’d love to join in, I’ll just stick with ‘Jodie’ to choose my books☺️

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Moonkiszt wrote: "Hello - I'm in. . . .will use my GR name. How do you report back, just the list of what you read?

What is the significance of the level you participate at? Is it just 6+ books read in this challen..."

First of all, welcome to our challenge! :)

Let me ask you something before I explain you how you can report back: will you participate in a team or alone?

The level is about how many books you are thinking to read in this challenge. For example, if you think you can read 6+ books for this challenge and you would like to do it then you can sign up for a Medium Readers team.

I hope I have helped you! If you have more questions fell free to ask her or send me a message if you prefer! :)

message 7: by Katherine (new)

jodie.loves.books wrote: "Hey! I’d love to join in, I’ll just stick with ‘Jodie’ to choose my books☺️"

Welcome to our challenge! :)

I'm happy to know you want to participate in our challenge! But I really need to know if you will participate alone or in a team so when you can please inform me! Thank you :)

message 8: by Moonkiszt (new)

Moonkiszt (moonkisztgmailcom) I'm on my own. . .

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Ok! Thank you to tell me.

So to report back...

The day before the challenge starts (which means: 30th April) I will create a new folder with the name of the challenge. In this folder there will be a topic with your name for the challenge. In this topic you can inform us about the books you read for the challenge.

Welcome again to our challenge! :)

message 10: by Katherine (new)

So I will create a new folder with the challenge name and in this folder I will add topic with the participants names. Please check in in the topic with your name!

If you have any doubt you can always ask me a question. Please don't forget to read the general challenges rules.

If you didn't signed up yet and want to participte feel free to sign up! You can still do it and the more the merrier so feel free to sign up if you want! :)

message 11: by Katherine (new)

So as we have few participantes I will also participate for there to be one more! ;)

message 12: by Moonkiszt (new)

Moonkiszt (moonkisztgmailcom) You have me, right?

message 13: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I'll be in a fun team or alone (:

message 14: by Katherine (new)

Yes, Moonkiszt

message 15: by Katherine (new)

Unfortunately we will not have teams, Adriana, so if you don't mind you will have to be alone...

Will you use your goodreads name?

message 16: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Yes

message 17: by Katherine (new)

Ok!

message 18: by Katherine (new)

The Challenge started!!!! Good luck to everyone who will participate! :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.