paranormal romances with sexy tortured souls discussion

books > What I Saw and How I Lied

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rebecca  ❤ Bea ❤ | 231 comments Mod
I loved this novel. Has anyone else read it?

message 2: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) YES! I read this book and was so surprised at the ending! I couldn't believe that the main character (I forget her name) could have been so deceived and.. well used. I loved it! :)

Evie.

Wot deceived by her mother, well and Joe and the guy (wot's his name)?

message 4: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) That's it, Evie. Yeah, deceived by everyone she loved, even that guy who she thought was really interested in her but it turned out that he wasn't.

I have a really bad memory for character's names so I have no idea what "the guy"s name was LOL.. but I think I know which one you mean.

I know, i couldn't believe her mother. I guessed about half way through that she was having an afair with the guy (lol I'm hopeless to as you can see) but I was still somehow shocked. She turned out to be so cold.

message 6: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh, I didn't suspect that the mother was having an affair at all so when it happened I was so taken aback by the mother. She did turn out to be really cold and.. heartless. She let her daughter be hurt by something that she could've controlled to some extent. It was kind of sad at the same time, for Evie, obviously.

I felt so sorry for her, Evie that is. You know how even after everything she still believed he loved her, well do you think he actually did?

message 8: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Hmm, I don't know. I read that book a few months ago and I can't recall the details. The mother didn't force him to have an affair with her, did she? I think that if he really loved her, he wouldn't have slept with Evie's mother. Do you think he loved Evie?

I think he cared about her but perhaps not loved, not enough to stop f***ing her mother so...Still i think in the end he began to see her as more than just a little girl.

message 10: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) That makes sense. It's just sad that he didn't realize that before he and her mother hurt Evie so terribly.

And got killed.

message 12: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) He got killed? Why don't I remember that.. :S How did he die?

Joe murdered him...when they took the boat out...you don't remember the court case and everything?

message 14: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Ohh yeah, I remember now. I've read so many books since I read that one that my memory is a little sketchy on what happened. But yeah, I was upset that Joe killed him, I don't find that he fully deserved to be killed, you know what I mean?

yeah but perhaps in a way it was better. What if he hadn't cared for her at all and had broken her heart? Maybe its better that she can go on thinking that he loved her until she really falls in love one day? And she had to know what her mother and Joe were really like.

message 16: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) That's true, it showed her the kind of people her mom and Joe really are and it let her keep believing that he did love her. Has this author written any other books, do you know?

I don't no but I think I'll look her up.

message 18: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Okiee, I think she has.. but I'm not completely sure.

message 20: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) Oh, haha, I already have that book on TR list.. I just didn't realize it was the same author who wrote What I Saw And How I Lied

lol
Is it a series do you know? cos it said something, can't remember what, in brackets after the title.

message 22: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie RM (mackenzierm) It says Ghostwriter in brackets but I don't think that it's a series..

oh ok, thanks