The YA Book Club discussion

Book Recommendations > YA Book Club Book Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 1 comments Hello! I just started a YA book club with some of my friends. We are currently reading Tradition by Brendan Kiely, but I am looking ahead to next month. Any recommendations? They don't have to be new release, but they do need to be YA.

Thanks!

message 2: by J.T. (new)

J.T. Blossom | 4 comments May I humbly suggest The Tune of Lenore? I know the author personally... :) - J.T. Blossom

message 3: by Bernie (last edited Apr 07, 2019 02:03PM) (new)

Bernie (Geckoreads) (geckoreads) | 23 comments I think it would be cool to read "Daughter of the Forest" by Juliet Marillier in a book club. It is a beautiful story based on the old Irish mythology, and has a few similarities with some fairy tales but in a less "children" way.
I really wish I knew somebody who also had read this book so I could talk and discuss about it.
The whole story continue for another two books.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula | 203 comments A door near here is really good too

message 5: by SimplyƝì₭ (new)

SimplyƝì₭ (simplynik) | 234 comments Natalie wrote: "Hello! I just started a YA book club with some of my friends. We are currently reading Tradition by Brendan Kiely, but I am looking ahead to next month. Any recommendations? They don't have to be n..."

Hello Natalie, is your book club a group that you meet in person? Or is it here on GR?

My suggestion is Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid

Five strangers. Countless adventures.One epic way to get lost.

Four teens across the country have only one thing in common: a girl named LEILA. She crashes into their lives in her absurdly red car at the moment they need someone the most.

There's HUDSON, a small-town mechanic who is willing to throw away his dreams for true love. And BREE, a runaway who seizes every Tuesday—and a few stolen goods along the way. ELLIOT believes in happy endings…until his own life goes off-script. And SONIA worries that when she lost her boyfriend, she also lost the ability to love.

Hudson, Bree, Elliot and Sonia find a friend in Leila. And when Leila leaves them, their lives are forever changed. But it is during Leila's own 4,268-mile journey that she discovers the most important truth— sometimes, what you need most is right where you started. And maybe the only way to find what you're looking for is to get lost along the way.

message 6: by Elise (new)

Elise (phoenix_girl) The Bird and the Blade

message 7: by MaryAnn (new)

MaryAnn Ball (maryannball) | 2 comments I got this book for my grandson and I am loving it! Brings me back to when I was a child and my imagination would run wild. Displacement Theory (The Root Cellar Chronicles Book 1) by Larry Green

message 8: by Moonyani (new)

Moonyani Write | 18 comments You all should check out The Music Man series.
It’s an urban fantasy series centered around music.

Here’s the premise for book 1.

Jimmy is a runaway boy, saddened by the tragedies that have happened in his life. The only thing still keeping him motivated, is his love for music. He’s outside, practically freezing in the cold, until he knocks on a door. This door is the Music Man’s. Jimmy and the Music Man find out they share a passion for music. Cornelius, also known as the Music Man, then introduces Jimmy to his famous piano that’s in his attic. After playing a song that Cornelius wrote, the piano transports them to a magical parallel dimension. In this other dimension, Cornelius is a famous conductor and composer, who supposedly has an upcoming concert in the town of Harmony. However, there is another conductor, by the name of Hornsbury. And Hornsbury wants power.He is planning to possess the Harmonians, using his music.

No matter the cost......
https://www.amazon.com/Music-Man-Moon...