Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) Slave to Sensation question

Paranormal Romance
Kaitlyn Kaitlyn Apr 04, 2019 06:35AM
Any Suggestions on similar books to Psy-Changeling Series (By Nalini Singh) and Resurrection Chronicles (By M.J Haag)?

I like both these series because the world building is great, there romance is not over powering and the writing is great.
Please they must have different main characters!

Books I tried but didn't like:
Black Dagger Brotherhood
Kate Daniels - Ilona Andrews
Elder Races - Thea Harrison

I really like the Kate Daniels books, but absolutely found the BDB books unreadable after a while (there are a couple I really liked, but they're in the minority).

I'd recommend the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs (first book is Moon Called) and also by the same author, the Alpha & Omega series - same world, different set of characters, some bit of overlap.

For some good old hardcore lifemate goodness - there's Christine Feeham with her "Dark Series" and her Ghostwalker Series (I prefer this one). And if you're looking for some pretty out there, rom-ero-sci-fi fun, Evangeline Anderson - fair warning though - heavy on the "ero" and light on the SciFi, LOL

Tiffany (last edited Oct 21, 2020 08:52AM ) Oct 07, 2020 12:44PM   0 votes
I also love the Psy/Changeling and similar books with fantastic worldbuilding. All of these recommended have different main characters, but worldbuilding across the entire series, with the former main characters showing up occasionally as background characters.

In no specific order of enjoyment, just adding as I think of them. These are all paranormal/fantasy or steampunk.

Atlantis Rising - Alyssa Day

Lords of the Underworld - Gena Showalter

Celta's Heartmates- Robin D. Owens

London Steampunk - Bec McMaster

The Iron Seas - Meljean Brook (steampunk and zombies - I hate zombies stories but this was good)

Gaslight Chronicles - Cindy Spencer Pape (steampunk)

Eternal Guardians - Elisabeth Naughton

Order of the Blade - Stephanie Rowe ( I read the first few, but didn't finish it, it kind of fell off imo, but you may like it)

I also just couldn't get into the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I tried, but I just didn't like it.

I think you are looking for fantasy / paranormal romance books.
A few series that I enjoyed that have the same type of magic and intrigue in them, along with the "mate" aspect that I absolutely love, are:

1) Immortals after Dark Series by: Kresley Cole. This series is set in modern day times and mainly in New Orleans. Different lore creatures (vampires, werewolves, Valkyries, witches, etc) are drawn together every 500 years to do battle. It's a sort of immortal culling. This series takes place around that and as alliances are formed, mates and brides are found as well. Many of the lore creatures have a type of life mate they seek. It's pretty good. One of my favorite books is from this series: Demon from the Dark. Which is a total barbarian yummy book with a very sweet and protective male.
First book in this series is: The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole

2) Lords of the Underworld by: Gena Showalter. This series is highly rated, but I will admit that it is just "ok" in my opinion and as it goes I personally feel it goes down hill. (I'm so good at selling this, aren't I?) It does have the feel you are looking for though I think so it may be right up your alley. Fantasy book set in modern times with Greek Gods that are banished from Mt. Olympus to the mortal realm with demons trapped inside them. Each book is a different couple and the men have the sort of "insta-love" possessive attitudes I think mirrors the mate trope.
The first book in this series is: The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1) by Gena Showalter

3) Ice Planet Barbarians By Ruby Dixon. Ok, so this one is a little strange sounding. It's a Sci-Fi vs fantasy. And it's the total "Mars needs Women Trope" which I happen to love. Some earth females are kidnapped by an unknown alien species and then crash land on a ice planet where they run into blue barbarian humanoid aliens. The blue aliens have this thing in them that "resonates" when they find their mate. And These blue hunks start resonating when they meet these females! These are short easy little reads and are pretty cute and sweet.
The first book in this series is: Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1) by Ruby Dixon

You may also wish to try a few lists on good reads that have a list of books that may meet what you are looking for.

1) If you are looking for the "mate" aspect of Psy-Changeling, then I would check out: Best True Mates or try: Best Fated Mate Romance Your Love was Meant to be

2) If you are looking for the Fantasy Romance aspect only then check out: Best Paranormal Romance Series or for the Sci-Fi version check outEpic Sci Fi Futuristic Erotic Romance with Great Story.

3) Also, a good list for some good romance series to check out is: Romance Books that Started it All.