BOOK REVIEW OF INDIAN AUTHORS discussion

REVIEW > Book review : 23:59:59

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri Saikia   | per_fictionist  (goodreadscomper_fictionist) | 35 comments 23:59:59 The Journey Of Survival In The B-Schools of India

Review : 23:59:59 , as the title itself vies for gives us a comprehensive overview of how life happens for MBA aspirants in Business schools. Putting forward a fictional story with with bitter truths, Sadashiv Pradhan has apparently talked about almost all the situations that can happen in B-Schools and that is very impressive. Right from the most competitive and toughest examination that is required to get into such school upto the rigorous classes,placements,assignments,quizzes that happen during their degree ,this book tells it all.

The story follows our protagonist Jay,a somewhat famous football blogger who despite not wanting to pursue MBA ,gives into his parents wishes after cracking his MBA entrance examination with great marks. In the initial part of the story we get to see how Jay,tries to cope up with his business studies and makes some great friends while doing so.

I absolutely loved the protagonist's optimism and the way he thinks. He tries to give the best in everything he does and doesn't fear failure. Also, the fact that even after joining his MBA he kept up with his blogging is admirable. To be honest all the other charcaters were impressive as well. The author has tried to build characters, by giving them different prespectives. Each character has their own reasons for joining B-school and the way the path that they have decided to follow to achieve success is different as well and that is the actual reality,isn't it? How some aspire to reach their goals through hardwork and dedication while some others just using their cuningness and manipulate others to reach the top. While some actually want to gain knowledge others are their for a money loaded future.

Such were the drastic characters that the author brings to us. All real. Not one character overshadows other be it in terms of dialogue or thinking and that is to be applauded. The writing style is also swift and has a simplicity and flow to it. The author tries his best to put forward a lucid sketch of B-schools in India and succeeds in most parts

message 2: by ANTONY (new)

ANTONY  (mariaantonysamy) | 78 comments Nice review

message 3: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri Saikia   | per_fictionist  (goodreadscomper_fictionist) | 35 comments Thank you :)

message 4: by Ishona (new)

Ishona (teaandtalesish) | 4 comments 23:59:59 is a very different and informative plot that i had came across in recent times. This story holds lot of informations and live experiences in it. This story is all about four B-school friends Jay,Shalini,Ishaan and Abhimanyu. In this competitive world it is not at all easy to get an admission in the educational institutions that you are dying to join in. These four gave their best and printed their foot in one of the top best B-school of India. MBA was definitely a hard challenge for them to accomplish. But their journey was just extraordinary and extremely difficult. They gained and learned more than what they came search for. Each one of them have their own passion and dream. Despite all the struggles and self doubts,they somehow finally got to choose their respective right path between passion and money. How all these four buddies are strongly attached and succeeds by sharing their knowledge, experience, Love,time, friendship,success is the story.

My voice:
📒When I started the reading I really had no idea that i would love this book this much.📒The author had done an excellent job by giving us this wonderful plot in a very casual but in a interesting way.
📒It's kind of significant life journey yet an enjoyable one.
📒Kudos to the author for making an educational plot this much engrossing and thought- provoking.
📒The narration and language was splendid.
📒 Everything that one need to chase their passion is packed here.
📒I really felt like why the book ended after the first part.
📒Best book for any MBA aspirant and for all who is still thinking why MBA.
📒 We could feel the reality and happiness of the decisions that we are taking in our life from our heart.

Highly recommended to everyone👍👍
I would like to give it a 🌟🌟🌟🌟.5 rating!!