What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Letters from the Inside
This topic is about Letters from the Inside
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 80s or 90s YA fiction, told in letters between two girls who are pen-pals. One girl stops writing back and her friend suspects something is wrong (abusive brother?) [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Apr 04, 2019 02:46AM) (new) - added it

Rachel | 1531 comments A YA fiction book that I read in the early 90s. I think it had a black cover. Either British or American.

The book was told entirely in letters between two teenage girls who are pen pals. I think they met through some kind of pen pal service (possibly through their schools?) anyway, I don't think they knew each other when they started writing.

To begin with they just wrote about the details of their everyday lives. At one point, the two girls had an argument through their letters. I think maybe one girl discovered the other had been lying to her about something. They patched things up and things went back to normal for a while. But the book ended with one girl sending several letters in a row asking if her friend was OK because she had stopped writing back.

You never find out what happened to the girl who stopped replying, but I think there were a few hints in her letters. She mentioned a brother who was abusive towards her so he could have ended up harming her, but you never find out for sure.

Any help appreciated.

message 3: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel | 1531 comments Oh that's the one! Thank you Rosa, that was so quick!

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5198 comments Great, you’re welcome, Rachel!