YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Public Enemies (Immortal Game, #2)
This topic is about Public Enemies
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Public Enemies (Immortal Game #2) by Ann Aguirre - Starting April 6th 2019

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 82934 comments Mod
Learn the rules of the game…and then play better than anyone else.

Through a Faustian bargain, Edie Kramer has been pulled into the dangerous world of the Immortal Game, where belief makes your nightmares real. Hungry for sport, fears-made-flesh are always raising the stakes. To them, human lives are less than nothing, just pieces on a board.

Because of her boyfriend Kian’s sacrifice, she’s operating under the mysterious Harbinger’s aegis, but his patronage could prove as fatal as the opposition. Raw from deepest loss, she’s terrified over the deal Kian made for her. Though her very public enemies keep sending foot soldiers—mercenary monsters committed to her destruction—she’s not the one playing under a doom clock. Kian has six months…unless Edie can save him. And this is a game she can’t bear to lose.

Karen Barber | 10016 comments Bit late getting to this Ryn, sorry. Anyway, it’s picking up from the end of book one. Creepy meeting (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10016 comments 11% - I’m not surprised by the way that New Year party went. Guess the details we don’t know about will become relevant later.

Karen Barber | 10016 comments 25% - the Harbinger is more crucial to this than it seemed. He seems quite fond of Edie, but not sure how it’ll go.

Karen Barber | 10016 comments 35% - the story is moving on in ways that seem quite odd. Twisting all over, and I can’t help but think Edie might do better if she stopped to think about what she’s doing.

Karen Barber | 10016 comments 54% - (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10016 comments Finished. Review on home page. Some inevitable frustration but some intriguing things set in place here. Do want to try and track down a copy of book three.

message 8: by Ryn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ryn Lewis | 942 comments hahaha, apparently I'm late getting to it too. I have this awful little book that I should have finished in like... an hour, and I ordered it from out of state. I'm DETERMINED to finish it but it's been killing my reading mojo. I'll have it done tonight and I'm going to burn tracks through the rest of stuff this weekend. I have #3 so I'd say sure let's plan to do that one, but let me get back to you on the date.