What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sky and Earth (A Child's First Library of Learning)
This topic is about Sky and Earth
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's educational series with cute chibi art. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diedre (new)

Diedre Casey | 8 comments Hi, I'm trying to find many books at the moment but this one is at the top. I remember checking these books out all the time when I was little I am 30 right now and was about 5 at the time so 1994 is the best best,

these books were Japanese educational books in English and covered several topics there were two anime chibi characters A young boy with a white shirt and blue shorts and a bowl cut hairdo and a professor type with glasses a white lab coat and a graduation cap hat.

the one I remember the most was about plants it had little anime chibi drawings of trees and showed how they breathe and it had a section about different flowering bulbs and they all had the cutest faces. There was one about animals that showed cats and how they behaved. There were about 10-15 books.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16180 comments Could they have been Sanrio characters?

message 3: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4885 comments This sounds so familiar. Hope someone remembers the title.

message 4: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4885 comments Was the entire book in full color?
Do you remember anything about the cover?
What were the topics of the other books in the series?

message 5: by Diedre (new)

Diedre Casey | 8 comments Tab wrote: "Was the entire book in full color?
Do you remember anything about the cover?
What were the topics of the other books in the series?"

Yes, the book was in color with real photos and the cute drawings. I remember the spine of the book they all had the same thing a little illustration of the boy with his magnifying glass looking straight ahead and the books were mostly white and a bar of color a the bottom to dictate the subject.

I think one was about the ocean I just always checked out the plant one and the one with cats in it lol I was 5.

I do have a crazy good memory about my favorite illustrations in it I remember an illustration about flower pollination and it showed a chibi bee and one flower that was pollinated was happy and yellow and the unpollinated flower was blue and sad, and there was a part about gingko trees and how one tree makes nuts and the other does not the trees were golden colored. If this site would let you post pictures I could draw the characters I remember TT3TT

I remember the boy he was so cute He would be jumping up sacred and there would be a little jump "cloud" under him and the one stereotypical post they do when they are proud with a pointy nose haha.
like this book was so "anime" before I even knew about it I got into sailor moon at twelve l but I had already experienced the art style early on. XD

message 6: by Diedre (new)

Diedre Casey | 8 comments I found it! It was called a child's first library of learning!!

message 7: by Kris (last edited Apr 06, 2019 05:34PM) (new)

Kris | 33427 comments Mod
Glad you found your book series, Diedre. Here's the link - A Child's First Library of Learning Series. The first book is Sky and Earth by Time-Life Books.

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16180 comments That looks cute! Glad you found it.

message 9: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4885 comments So glad you found it. It looks like such a cute series:)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sky and Earth (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Time-Life Books (other topics)