Beverly Jenkins vs Brenda Jackson discussion

B Jackson Catalina Cove Series > Catalina Cove Series books 1 and 2.

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new)

Sue | 56 comments Mod
Give your thoughts, views rating on each book or over the whole series so far!

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 6 comments I love the Catalina Cove series. I like the change in her writing it seems the characters have more real life situations to deal with. Sawyer & Vashti's story was full of mystery and surprising turns. Ray/Devon & Ashley's story was a journey. I enjoyed watching them find love not once, but twice. I look forward to reading Kaegan & Bryce's story.

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica | 11 comments I really need to get on it and start reading the series! I love me some Brenda. I’m in the middle of another series right now but I am going to get on it!! I hope she gets back to finish her other series. There are some characters that haven’t gotten their happy ending yet!

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 6 comments Erica King I agree...I'm waiting on the Westmoreland's new found family series to start.

message 5: by Erica (new)

Erica | 11 comments Yasssss the outlaws! And there were a couple of the Steele men that didn’t get their story told.

message 6: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 6 comments Yes...I'm ready for them all!

message 7: by Sue (last edited Apr 11, 2019 07:54AM) (new)

Sue | 56 comments Mod
I finished reading the first novel today and gave it 5 stars. I read somewhere that if a novel makes you cry, you should give it 5 stars so I have.

The novel was not perfect, the novel felt half telling the readers the story and half showing us the story but, preferable to all telling the reader the story.

Some of the twists, turns and coincidences seemed implausible at best. But I felt invested in the novel. I was thoroughly entertained and the novel was heartfelt.

I was going to read another novel but based on this novel have decided to read the second in this series.

If I see Vashti parents on a dark night ......

message 8: by Sue (new)

Sue | 56 comments Mod
Erica wrote: "I really need to get on it and start reading the series! I love me some Brenda. I’m in the middle of another series right now but I am going to get on it!! I hope she gets back to finish her other ..."

I feel the same, this is why I started this group help myself and other read more Brenda Jackson books.

message 9: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 6 comments Sue,

I feel the same way about Vashti's parents lol. I was really emotional spent dealing with them.

message 10: by Sue (last edited Apr 11, 2019 07:53AM) (new)

Sue | 56 comments Mod
I am about halfway through the novel and am enjoying it, it is quite different to the first novel. Ray/Devon & Ashley story is a 'journey' as Kristen has said. This time round Ms Jackson is showing the readers the story.

It is nice that possibly Ray/Devon and Ashley get to fall in love again but I am fearful of Ashley not telling Ray who he really is quite early on.

I know it is the Doctors advice not to tell, but I feel it is better to tell rather than Ray having him discover it in a malicious way or by a photo etc. It is like all the people around Ray are clued into something and he is the only one in a ignorant bliss about it. After the assault of Devon/Ray and if ID had been found, the important people in his life would have to reveal themselves, so I don't see the difference 3 years later. Any thoughts?

Oh My God! Ashley's mother especially and the father, I feel another dark night coming on .....

message 11: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 6 comments Let us know, what you think when you finish it. It will have you going on a rollercoaster. I'm still processing it lol.

message 12: by Sue (last edited Apr 15, 2019 03:34AM) (new)

Sue | 56 comments Mod
Kristen wrote: "Let us know, what you think when you finish it. It will have you going on a rollercoaster. I'm still processing it ,lol."

I enjoyed the novel and gave it 4 stars - the author kept the writing and the story real.

Kristen the novel did not have a real rollercoaster effect for me, I think if after the big reveal the reconcile was prolonged and angsty, it would have been more rollercoast-erily.

message 13: by Sue (new)

Sue | 56 comments Mod
I am really looking forward to Bryce and Keagan's story there should be some fireworks, tension and laugh out loud moments there.

message 14: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 6 comments Yes I can see that. It only gave me a rollercoaster effect because I wanted it to hurry lol.. But I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm looking forward to Bryce and Keegan's story too.

message 15: by Erica (new)

Erica | 11 comments I finally read the first book in the series y’all! What a page turner! I knew the moment Sawyer was thinking jade looked like Vashti that she was kin to her. I loved the storyline. It was different and intriguing. Mrs. Jackson never lets me down!! I am going to start Forget Me Not tomorrow but I am REALLY anxious to read Bryce and Keagen’s story!!

message 16: by Sue (new)

Sue | 56 comments Mod
Erica wrote: "I finally read the first book in the series y’all! What a page turner! I knew the moment Sawyer was thinking jade looked like Vashti that she was kin to her. I loved the storyline. It was different..."

For me, I never guessed at any of the twists until they were about to be revealed and that meant it was all jaw dropping - clever of you to guess correctly at some of the twists!

Yes we need that third novel NOW!

message 17: by Erica (new)

Erica | 11 comments It’s almost time for us to read Bryce and Keagan’s story!! I think I am going to reread the first two books when it gets closer to the time when the book is to be released.

message 18: by Sue (new)

Sue | 56 comments Mod
Thanks so much for reminding us about the next book in the series. It is not released until ?29th October- seems ages away to me.

Good luck re-reading Erica.

message 19: by Erica (new)

Erica | 11 comments My copy of Finding Home dropped last night ladies and I am already finished! I am dying to know what you guys thought.

message 20: by Erica (new)

Erica | 11 comments Alright girls! Both authors have come out with multiple books lately. Have you read any of them?

message 21: by Sue (new)

Sue | 56 comments Mod
Erica wrote: "Alright girls! Both authors have come out with multiple books lately. Have you read any of them?"

Yes, Brenda Jackson has a new 'Cataline Cove' book coming out and Beverly Jenkins has 'Wild Rain' coming soon, looking forward to both books.