There Might Be Cupcakes Podcast Group discussion

Vanity Fair's Proust Questionnaire: 101 Luminaries Ponder Love, Death, Happiness, and the Meaning of Life
Podcast Episodes > Episode 50: Proust and the Meaning of Cupcakes

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carla (new) - added it

Carla (theremightbecupcakes) | 48 comments Mod
I am getting ready to record episode 50! Okay, a frustratingly almost-three weeks late, thanks to a massive EDS flare-up (including a swollen and painful jaw, which is the worst option for a podcaster, eh?) and a technology blackout. In the same week, my senior iMac, middle-age MacBook, and teenage iPad all acted up! The former two completely refused to boot, and the iPad’s keyboard died. So my mouth refused to work and so did my podcasting equipment. I think the universe told me to take a big pause.

So, I am recording a very special episode to make up for it, and to celebrate 50 episodes: I am exploring the Proust Questionaire, made famous by, of course, the author Marcel Proust, then shows like James Lipton’s Inside the Actors’ Studio. In doing so, I will be comparing some of my answers to of my favorite intellectuals’: David Bowie and Joan Didion. Recording shortly now: will post link to my host in this thread once the episode is published. All of the relevant books have already been added to the group’s bookshelf and to the Goodreads bookshelf.
Thank you for all your support! I am excited to record number 50!

Joan Didion David Bowie Marcel Proust