Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Cover Images

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Wake (davidwake) | 2 comments Hi,
I've been adding my new books and I can't seem to find how to add a cover.
The ones without covers are:-
Hashtag, ISBN: 978-1789960174
The Derring-Do Club in Death on the Suez, ISBN: 978-1789960167
I have images and there are ones on Amazon.
Cheers,
David.

message 2: by Dobby (last edited Apr 03, 2019 12:29PM) (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 3521 comments Working on it ... I apologize for the delay; I started this and was interrupted. Situation normal. 😁

Covers added from Amazon:

Hashtag

The Derring-Do Club in Death on the Suez

I also created The Derring-Do Club series and added the 4 books to it.

The "Add a cover image for this book" notation with its "Choose File" button hides in the far upper right corner of the Add a New Book screen. It's easy to overlook—or, speaking from personal experience, to forget about. 🙂 There is a short window of opportunity during which you can go back and add a cover image after creating a new book record.

message 3: by David (new)

David Wake (davidwake) | 2 comments Many thanks.

Dobby0390 wrote: "Working on it ..."

David wrote: "Hi,
I've been adding my new books and I can't seem to find how to add a cover.
The ones without covers are:-
Hashtag, ISBN: 978-1789960174
The Derring-Do Club in Death on the Suez, ISBN: 978-178996..."

message 4: by Anamaria (new)

Anamaria | 2 comments I wanted to surprise my friend and added the book she wrote on goodreads. I also added a picture for the cover, but the book appears without it. Also, when I search by name the book doesn't show up, ony when I scan the barcode. Please help me fullfill the surprise because I can't wait to tell her.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 12992 comments Can you please provide a link to the book?

message 6: by Anamaria (new)

Anamaria | 2 comments Emily, I can't access my reading list from the app, and am trying to access the website from the laptop to try and do it from here, but I get the something is wrong message. Is it me or the website is down? thanks

message 7: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 1 comments Hi I just added a book to good reads and I can’t add a cover to it. The name of my book is called To Love or To Hate by Ashleigh Henry

message 8: by P.L. (new)

P.L. Gertner | 6 comments I had previously requested that my updated cover be added on Goodreads for Hollywood Hart (Eddy Hart P. I. #2)
asin: B07CGCTDWN. You added as an alternate edition but the old cover is the one that displays when doing a search on Goodreads. Is it possible to make the updated cover be the one that appears as the primary cover on Goodreads (consistent with what is on Amazon and Audible). Thanks.

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41663 comments Mod
P.L. wrote: "Is it possible to make the updated cover be the one that appears as the primary cover on Goodreads"

As the author, you have that ability. Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22733 comments #7 Cover added & also the kindle edition.

message 11: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22733 comments #4/#6 Anamaria, I couldn't link to your profile, so I'd say you have a problem.

We can help you add the cover if you give us the title & the author name, rather than trying to link.

And I suggest you email support for assistance with your account.
support @ goodreads (dot) com