Read A Song Of Ice And Fire 2016 discussion

TV show - season 8 SPOILERS *** ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Roseanne, RRRM (last edited Apr 03, 2019 06:38AM) (new)

Roseanne | 674 comments Mod
So I hear April 14th is the day. How is everyone feeling about this?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I’m excited. I hope I won’t be disappointed in the ending. I really want to be shocked.

I am hoping that GRRM will release Winds right after the series.

message 3: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I think he is holding back the book for the series to end. I think we are getting two endings. One for HBO and one for the readers.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

That is my thought, too.

message 5: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I think he is twisted enough to think that would be funny.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Lmao. It makes sense to me if he did that. He could change the ending if people are pissed about the tv series.

message 7: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I think he just sits in his house and laughs at us. I want season 8 to be over already so we can get back to the books.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Well it is going to be a short season. 8 episodes?

message 9: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

oh wow that is short. Lots of people have to die quickly then. lol

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol I believe it will happen. There is the huge battle coming up.

message 11: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I am sure it will be a blood bath of epic proportions.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I would be disappointed if it didn’t. Or I would laugh if people cried about little paper cuts.

message 13: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

Tonight’s the night. Is everyone watching?

message 14: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new)

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)   | 1283 comments Mod
Oh my God that was so good. Lots of setting up for the following episodes but holy crap Jaime made it there!

I watched with a friend and he thought it sucked. "No enough fighting and blood." I said just wait! Shit us gonna go down!

message 15: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I didnt watch but I am not sure I believe HBO is going to do the right thing. I believe GRRM is going to kill everyone by the end of the books. I think HBO doesnt want to kill everyone off so they can have spinoff shows. Their fan base is far too big.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope grrm doesn’t kill everyone. I read somewhere that he took some inspiration from Yorks vs Tudors. Someone has to win out.

I was so happy when Theon showed up. He is going to redeem himself.

message 17: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I think HBO won’t kill everyone but I think GRRM will in the books. I hear as far as the death toll goes there wasn’t anything to speak of last night. I haven’t watched though.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Nah it was nothing. Just getting ready for some action.

message 19: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

How is everyone feeling about this season? I have talked to several people who have told me they have been disappointed. I hear that it seems like HBO doesn't want to kill any of the main players off until the last episode.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I don’t want any of the main characters to die, which I am okay with. Some cool characters get killed off though. Little girl Mormont is a hero of mine, and she dies. A lot of secondary characters get killed who I have still have an attachment too. I kept saying to myself if so and so die I might hate the show. 😂 Episode 3 was super long though, and the ending of it was cool, but not epic. There was 10 minutes of the night king. The battle was crazy with all the zombies. Now my thoughts are where do we go from here? Jamie is the only person who can come close to Cersei, and I believe he will kill her and then kill himself. I believe Dany is going to die and Jon will be King based off the the War of the Roses history.

message 21: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I am upset that they left Lady Stoneheart out. I think it would have been so cool for her to be the one to kill Cersei. Maybe GRRM will realize that and do that in the book. I read he was disappointed that HBO cut her and he tried to convince them not to.

But Jamie killing Cersei and then killing himself would be pretty cool too.

message 22: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

Would it be wrong of me to have not watched all 8 seasons and watch the last episode? I watched all of season one and half of season 2. Then I started googling where the deaths I wanted to see were and skipped around. I havent watched anything past season 5. I almost feel like it would be like skipping ahead and reading the last chapter.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

😂 I am guilty of that. Hehe. I watched season one of Breakjng Bad and skipped to the last episode of the series. I have done it to a few anime. I constantly spoil things for myself. Go for it if you feel comfortable with it.

I wish they kept Stone Heart too. I wonder what her roll would of been and how the girls and Jon would react when they saw her.

message 24: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

There are so many theories of who will be on the throne at the end plus I don't believe GRRM will give us the same ending anyway. It is almost like parallel universes. I sort of want to watch just the last one.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Agree. I don’t think it will matter how the show ends. I hope he changes the ending in the books, too.

message 26: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

And knowing him I could see him completely changing the ending if people get upset by the HBO ending. GRRM is such a people pleaser. He wont be able to take it if people hate it.

message 27: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

Still I am looking forward to the Stone Heart and Cersei throw down in the book.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

It would be nice. I should re-read the books. I feel like I forgot so much.

message 29: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I feel the same way. I cant figure out how to plan that. Who knows when he will release the next one.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Right! Maybe next year with the show being done and everything.

message 31: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

Fingers crossed! I am actually hoping for an announcement the day after the finale

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha me too

message 33: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

So all the TV people were all over my facebook newsfeed yesterday afternoon and since showtime they have all disappeared. What happened last night? Was it bad?

message 34: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new)

Not bad, but disturbing.

message 35: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I have heard things this morning and I dont believe certain people are not capable of crawling out of the rubble

message 36: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new)

I don't know what to make of that episode. Cersei and Jaime (if they are indeed really dead) deserved more exciting deaths.

message 37: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I do not believe they are dead. I am watching this coming week. Like reading the last page of the book. lol

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I believe they are dead. There are so many possibilities for the ending. Arya will kill Dany. I somewhat believe Greyworm will kill Jon. I dont know man. Who will be on the throne. maybe Sansa?. I hope Tyrion will love another day.

message 39: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

Anything is possible.

message 40: by Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie), Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (new)

Oh Roseanne that is too funny.

message 41: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I would like to see Lady Stoneheart finally swoop in gather all her children. Make amends with Jon Snow. Kill Cersei after she crawls out of the rubble in epic fashion and take the thrown herself.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Lmao that is what will happen in the books

message 43: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I hope so. That would be so awesome!

message 44: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

Actually, if she could kill everyone left who isn't one of her children or Jon Snow that would be great too.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol it would be cool.

I am a tad bit disappointed in the season though. All the hype, for not a lot of great deaths. The fight between the Hound and the Mountain was pretty cool.

message 46: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

I didnt watch any of it but I hear lots of people are upset. I think they may have thought they had to keep the key players alive until the very end and that is where they went wrong. GRRM doesn't think twice about killing our favorite characters.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

But I really believe Arya will kill Dany, since she didn’t kill Cersei like she wanted.

Also I believe there is a little bit of symbolism going on with Ghost being taken back to the North and the other Dragon dying. He is neither a Stark or Targaryen.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I read a lot of people are upset about how Dany developed. It has always been there. Maybe not in the books as much, but I don’t remember it very well, either.

message 49: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

OMG Dany is so boring. I cant stand her. Why does everyone like her? It would be cool for Arya to kill her too.

message 50: by Roseanne, RRRM (new)

Dany was boring in the books. What did they expect? I am really not surprised.

« previous 1