DC on TV discussion

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 480 comments So, a very good looking trailer for a movie I don't quite see the point of and have no interest seeing in the theater.

If you can get Joquain Phoenix to play the Joker, why wouldn't you do a Batman movie?

message 2: by Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*, *Daily Planet Intern* (new)

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 580 comments Mod
I know Joker is popular but I already see some griping that it's a bad idea to give him too many layers or a back story - may kill some of the villain appeal. Sometimes mysterious is good. We shall see, it may be decent.

message 3: by Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*, *Daily Planet Intern* (new)

‘Joker’ Will Officially Receive An R-Rating
source

I don't think we'll see this in theaters, my son isn't really interested, but I'll try it when it comes to streaming.

message 4: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 480 comments As a comic fan, people keep asking me when I'm going to see this and I'm torn between the long rambling explanation about why I have no interest or just shrugging and saying I'll wait till it's on netflix.

message 5: by Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*, *Daily Planet Intern* (new)

My son watched this but I haven't yet. He said it was very serious, dark and sobering stuff. I will give it a try, it's more about mental illness and society than you'd think of a cheesy Joker backstory. The ratings aren't bad.