Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > Black Summer (Netflix)

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6973 comments Coming April 11th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQA1o...

It's suppose to be a prequel to Z Nation.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments That was awesome!! I’m going to watch it when it comes out of course. 😃🧟‍♀️

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6973 comments I couldn't stay interested in Z Nation but I think Black Summer looks pretty good.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I love Z Nation! I love them all 😃

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments Stephen King loved it and the producer on Twitter said I hope he doesn't realize I also created Sharknado lol

message 6: by Mike in Mass (new)

Mike in Mass | 21 comments Just finished Season 1. Last episode was short but was just insane. Frenetic doesn't begin to describe the finale.

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6973 comments Justin wrote: "Stephen King loved it and the producer on Twitter said I hope he doesn't realize I also created Sharknado lol"

Haha! It's actually hard to believe it's from the same producers. I thought Black Summer was really well done.

message 8: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1616 comments Erin wrote: "It's suppose to be a prequel to Z Nation."

I would never have guessed that. Nothing reminded me of that show, including the zombie behaviors.

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6973 comments Same here. If i didn't know that beforehand, I would have never guessed it either. It reminded me more of 28 Days/Weeks Later.

message 10: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments Caught the first three episodes but need to finish watching it. The 3rd episode in the school was quite suspenseful. I like it so for.

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6973 comments Yes, I felt a few of the episodes were suspenseful like that.

message 12: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments Finished watching this and really enjoyed it. Great amount of zombies and suspense. Looking forward to next season.

message 13: by Mike in Mass (new)

Mike in Mass | 21 comments It seems most people were surprised at how good this was, myself included. Even though i'm a Z Nation fan, I'm happy they took it in an entirely new direction.

message 14: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments Mike in Mass wrote: "It seems most people were surprised at how good this was, myself included. Even though i'm a Z Nation fan, I'm happy they took it in an entirely new direction."

I don't watch Z Nation but was aware that the series took place in Z Nation's universe. Yeah it was really good. Looking forward to season 2

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6973 comments Mike in Mass wrote: "It seems most people were surprised at how good this was, myself included. Even though i'm a Z Nation fan, I'm happy they took it in an entirely new direction."

I tried watching Z Nation but didn't stick with it. I wasn't sure how I would feel about it, when I found out Black Summer would be set in the same universe, but it was a nice surprise on how good it was.

message 16: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1616 comments Season 2 of Black Summer is coming next month:

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news...

message 17: by Angela (new)

Angela Verdenius (angelacatlover) | 250 comments Will season 1 come out on DVD at some stage?

message 18: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6973 comments Angela wrote: "Will season 1 come out on DVD at some stage?"

Not sure how legit this site is:

https://www.hotdvdshit.com/Black-Summ...

I didn't see Amazon having it.

message 19: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments I totally forgot about this show! Season 1 was really good.

message 20: by Angela (last edited May 20, 2021 12:33AM) (new)

Angela Verdenius (angelacatlover) | 250 comments Erin wrote: "Angela wrote: "Will season 1 come out on DVD at some stage?"

I didn't see Amazon having it."

Thanks Erin. I saw this same link online and the name put me off LOL! It doesn't sound legit. I'll wait to see if it comes out at Amazon or Sanity, but thanks for that, I do appreciate you trying.

message 21: by Erin (last edited May 20, 2021 01:54AM) (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6973 comments Angela wrote: "Erin wrote: "Angela wrote: "Will season 1 come out on DVD at some stage?"

I didn't see Amazon h..."

Yeah, I thought so. Seems a bit odd this would be the only site on the planet to have this DVD and I feel like if Amazon doesn't have it, it probably doesn't exist, lol. It actually surprises me that season 1 hasn't been released yet. I honestly don't know how Netflix operates with that sort of thing.

message 22: by Angela (new)

Angela Verdenius (angelacatlover) | 250 comments Erin wrote: "Angela wrote: "Erin wrote: "Angela wrote: "Will season 1 come out on DVD at some stage?"

I didn..."

Yeah, you just never know about all these online sales sites nowadays. It'll eventually come out with the well-known legit sites, I'm sure. If not, I'll just sniffle into my coffee ;-)

message 23: by WendyB (last edited May 20, 2021 08:19AM) (new)

WendyB  | 2975 comments Mod
Started re-watching this last night, got through the first 5 episodes.
Reminds me why I was rooting for the zombies the first time I saw this, those are some really dumb people. The woman in the school hearing strange sounds, knowing there could be zombies or other bad people, still has to say walk around saying hello and making noises. /slaps forehead... why do people in movies and shows do THAT??
Anyway, it is creepy but those folks really need to be smarter and think about survival.

message 24: by Angela (new)

Angela Verdenius (angelacatlover) | 250 comments As bad as the old cliche in horror movies - dumb girl, jock, joker, obnoxious idiot, handsome hero and sweet girl. The there's the good old hold up the mobile phone and say 'I have no reception'. Cue bad things happening and everyone being picked off except handsome hero and sweet girl. The end.

I watch too many horror movies...LOL

message 25: by WendyB (new)

WendyB  | 2975 comments Mod
Angela wrote: "As bad as the old cliche in horror movies - dumb girl, jock, joker, obnoxious idiot, handsome hero and sweet girl. The there's the good old hold up the mobile phone and say 'I have no reception'. C..."

Is that possible? Watching too many horror movies? :) I don't think so.
You got the cliches down perfectly!

message 26: by Angela (new)

Angela Verdenius (angelacatlover) | 250 comments WendyB wrote: "Angela wrote: "As bad as the old cliche in horror movies - dumb girl, jock, joker, obnoxious idiot, handsome hero and sweet girl. The there's the good old hold up the mobile phone and say 'I have n..."

True. Can never watch too many horror movies! But I do confess to wearing out the fast forward button on the remote control when watching terrible movies, muttering 'come on come on COME ON!!!'

message 27: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6973 comments New season premiered today! Anyone try it yet?

message 28: by Kek-w (new)

Kek-w Kek-w (kekw) | 23 comments A new season of BLACK SUMMER ? Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up -- I'm in! FWIW, I enjoyed Black Summer more than the last season or two of WALKING DEAD that I saw (Years after everyone else lol)

message 29: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6973 comments Season 2 is way bleaker than season one, I didn't think it could be possible.