Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Sci fi 110k words

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris | 6 comments Hi

I’m looking for a beta reader for a 110,000 word ‘hard’ sci fi novel. Here’s the blurb:

The only cop on New Earth, humanity’s first toehold in the stars, has been murdered. Without a functioning police service and anxious about a possible political motive, the Governor has no alternative but to ask police cadet Jake Rafferty to investigate the murder. Unqualified, inexperienced and far beyond the reach of help from Earth, Jake embarks upon an inquiry that he is singularly ill equipped to conduct - even with the assistance of Dr Victoria Hayden who, much to her chagrin, has been seconded to work alongside him.

As the sordid corruption that surrounded his old boss is revealed, Jake starts to lift carpets under which dirt old and new has been swept, testing bonds and friendships to their limits. Together, Jake and Victoria must work fast to solve the first ever extraterrestrial murder case before the killer strikes again...

If interested please let me know here or by PM. Please note, there is some profanity so anyone offended by F words (as used by characters) may want to pass.

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Latulippe | 13 comments I’d love to read this. The f word is part of my every day life so that doesn’t scare me

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris | 6 comments Kayla wrote: "I’d love to read this. The f word is part of my every day life so that doesn’t scare me"

Thanks Kayla, I really appreciate that. Do you want to PM me an email address? Or post it here if you prefer?