BPS Breakfast Book Club (The BBC) discussion

When the adults change chapter 1&2

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian Taylor | 4 comments There are 12 chapters in the book. I've read chapter 1 - some good takeaways we can share at our next meeting. The summary sections at the end of each chapter are useful....

message 2: by Carly (new)

Carly Peart | 2 comments When the Adults Change, Everything Changes: Seismic Shifts in School Behaviour

Oh wow, wish I'd read this 10 months ago. I've read the first 2 chapters and am so tempted to read ahead but won't as I'll forget what each chapter focused on.

What I love is that there is so far nothing new; reminders of good practice that I knew and forgot. I remember when Dylan Wiliam visited and told us that for every new initiative introduced, something would disappear off the plate. That's what I feel about this book so far; it's a reminder of everything we knew, but have gradually forgotten over the years.

I particularly like the suggestions at the end of each chapter. Again, small reminders of things I've stopped doing. I will definitely be instigating some of his suggestions next week as I am at that point with my class where we can't continue as we are.

message 3: by Brian (new)

Brian Taylor | 4 comments Becky's notes in Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z...