What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Contemporary Romance about a woman who moves into a fixer upper house and a healing ex-military guy lives there

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AE (new)

AE | 3 comments I have been trying to find this book and I read it probably around 2015 as an ebook and it wasn’t very old at that point. It was some sort of YA/Contemporary Romance. The plot is kind of in the same category as Safe Haven where a woman (late 20’s age?) inherits or moves into an old fixer upper house and I think the man was some sort of ex-military that was healing from an injury that had to do with his legs and was a tenant and kind of helps her fix up the place of the house and stayed to help her fix it up and then someone from the woman’s past comes or someone breaks in and he protects her but that’s all I can remember of it; any help is appreciated!!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34407 comments Mod
AE, what's the tone - romantic, angsty, funny, steamy/clean, romantic suspense, etc.? In this group, we'd classify this book as Adult (some say New Adult if the main characters are in their 20's). YA/Young Adult = teens.

Can you tell us more about the heroine - her job/skills/interests, marital status, family/friends, memorable traits, etc.?

What's the location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 3: by Joyce (last edited Apr 13, 2019 06:39PM) (new)

Joyce Ann | 161 comments Kinda reminds me of Ever After

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 61 comments Reminds me a bit of The memories that make us by Vanessa Carnevale, but not exactly.

message 5: by AE (new)

AE | 3 comments Joyce wrote: "Kinda reminds me of Ever After"

Not quite it, but thanks for the response! And now I have a new book to check out

message 6: by AE (new)

AE | 3 comments Kris wrote: "AE, what's the tone - romantic, angsty, funny, steamy/clean, romantic suspense, etc.? In this group, we'd classify this book as Adult (some say New Adult if the main characters are in their 20's). ..."

In that case it would definitely be classified as Adult then since I think the characters were in their mid-twenties, and I can't remember too much more about it- I'd say the tone was romantic suspense. The heroine was not married and I think it was a small town rather than large

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
I took YA out of the header so people aren't confused.

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1130 comments The only book that comes to mind is Frisco's Kid by Suzanne Brockmann. I know that the H has a leg injury, but I can't remember if the h has a fixer upper.