YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Archive > Lili's April-June 2019 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (last edited Jun 30, 2019 10:24PM) (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2128 comments Mod
For this challenge I think I'm gonna go for Level 4: 16-20 books!

Category 1: Just read the series!

Read the first book in a series: UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1) by Chanda Hahn
Read the last book in a series: The Third Horror (99 Fear Street The House of Evil, #3) by R.L. Stine
Read a book in a duology
Read a book in a trilogy: The First Horror (99 Fear Street The House of Evil, #1) by R.L. Stine
Read book #10 (or higher) in a series: Double Date (Fear Street, #23) by R.L. Stine
Read book/novella #0.5 in a series
Read a short story/novella in a series
Read a book in a spinoff series: The First Scream (Fear Park, #1) by R.L. Stine
Read a companion book to a series
Read a book with a collection of short stories in a series

Category 2: Finish the series!

Finish reading 1 series
Finish reading a 2nd series
Finish reading a 3rd series

Category 3: Just for fun!

Read a book with 'Sun' in the title OR a sun on the cover
Read a book with flowers on the cover
Read a book with water on the cover: Runaway (Fear Street, #41) by R.L. Stine
Read a book with pastel colors on the cover: Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3) by Jennifer Estep
Read a book with neon colors on the cover: Bleach, Volume 57 by Tite Kubo

Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3) by Jennifer Estep Double Date (Fear Street, #23) by R.L. Stine Runaway (Fear Street, #41) by R.L. Stine Evil Powers (Fear Street Collector's Edition, #5) by R.L. Stine The First Scream (Fear Park, #1) by R.L. Stine Bleach, Vol. 55 The Blood Warfare by Tite Kubo Bleach, Volume 56 by Tite Kubo Bleach, Volume 57 by Tite Kubo UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1) by Chanda Hahn The First Horror (99 Fear Street The House of Evil, #1) by R.L. Stine Bleach, Vol. 58 The Fire by Tite Kubo The Second Horror (99 Fear Street The House of Evil, #2) by R.L. Stine Bleach, Vol. 59 The Battle by Tite Kubo Bleach, Vol. 60 Everything But the Rain by Tite Kubo The Third Horror (99 Fear Street The House of Evil, #3) by R.L. Stine The House of Evil (Fear Street Collector's Edition, #11) by R.L. Stine

16/16 books

message 2: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Finished Dark Frost (Mythos Academy, #3) by Jennifer Estep ! I think I'm gonna put this one for pastel colors since it has pastel yellow

message 3: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4409 comments Mod
If you say so! Nothing on that looks pastel on my computer screen.

But awesome on getting a series book read!!

message 4: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Look, I'm really stretching it 😅 lol

message 5: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1841 comments Mod
I'd have put it for neon... yellow is a neon colour right? Lol

message 6: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Finished Double Date (Fear Street, #23) by R.L. Stine which is book #23 in the Fear Street series!

message 7: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Finished Runaway (Fear Street, #41) by R.L. Stine and it was awesome! It's raining on the cover so it's going under the water category.

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Yay for reading again Lili!!
Curious, do you just read those fear street books at random? Asking 'cause you read #23 then #41.

message 9: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Yes! Lol. They don't follow just one character, so it's easy to jump around from book to book, since what they have in common is the setting. There are some books that should be read in order like The Stepsister (Fear Street, #9) by R.L. Stine and The Stepsister 2 (Fear Street, #33) by R.L. Stine . And today I started The First Scream (Fear Park, #1) by R.L. Stine which is the 1st book in a side trilogy, but it's also Fear Street!

message 10: by Brittany (new)

Fair enough. I think I read a couple of them in grade 4-6? Its been a long time though for me.

message 11: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Yeah same for me. I only started re-reading them more consistently recently. But I'm enjoying them so far.

message 12: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Finished The First Scream (Fear Park, #1) by R.L. Stine which is the first book in a trilogy!

message 13: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Finished Bleach, Volume 55 by Tite Kubo ! My first manga!

message 14: by Brittany (new)

first one ever?!

message 15: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Yes! I've read a couple graphic novels in the past and, like, 1 comic book, but this was the 1st manga for me!

message 16: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1841 comments Mod
I've never read any manga. They just don't really appeal to me. I love a good thick novel lol. Hope you enjoyed it Lili.

message 17: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

They aren't really my thing either. I have to admit it's a little bit of a struggle, and idk if it's just because I'm not used to reading these types of books or what. But there was this one part where things were happening and suddenly this guy doesn't have an arm and I'm like, WTF! When did this happen?! Turns out he lost his arm in the previous page but the picture was like a super close up and I just couldn't tell. It also doesn't help that it's in black and white. And I just love my narrative, you know? I like a good description. But this is a world I'm already familiar with, so I'm gonna stick with it for now because I am really enjoying the story.

message 18: by Brittany (new)

I love a good manga or graphic novel. Don't read as much of them as I used to. They are a different art form and I like to change things up.

message 19: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Finished Bleach, Volume 56 by Tite Kubo ! Another manga in the bag! I really like that these are just really fast reads... although I do have to slow down to look at the drawings because then I don't know what the heck is going on. Lol.

message 20: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Finished Bleach, Volume 57 by Tite Kubo and UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1) by Chanda Hahn . That's 9/16 books! I'm just over half way there!

message 21: by Brittany (new)

You've got a few days left to get there and Manga are quick reads. You can totally do it!

message 22: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Thanks! We will see 😅

message 23: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Finished The First Horror (99 Fear Street The House of Evil, #1) by R.L. Stine and I really enjoyed it!

message 24: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Another book done! Bleach, Vol. 58 The Fire by Tite Kubo

message 25: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (last edited Jun 25, 2019 10:53PM) (new)

Finished The Second Horror (99 Fear Street The House of Evil, #2) by R.L. Stine and Bleach, Vol. 59 The Battle by Tite Kubo ! 5 days left in the month and I'm 3 books away from achieving my goal... will I make it? Maybe? 🤷 lol

message 26: by Brittany (new)

Like I said, quick reads! You can do it!

message 27: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

They are! I just finished another! Bleach, Vol. 60 Everything But the Rain by Tite Kubo lol

message 28: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Just finished The Third Horror (99 Fear Street The House of Evil, #3) by R.L. Stine and I completed the challenge... but just barely 😅 lol

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Yay! Great job Lili!!! You did it:)

message 30: by Brittany (new)

Told ya you'd make it!

message 31: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Thanks guys 😅