What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Y/A Science Fiction book about society where all of the adults have died

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shari (new)

Shari Arkills | 3 comments My teacher read a book to the class in the late 70’s about a society of children. All of the adults had died ( I think in an epidemic). My memories of the plot basically involved them roaming around the city finding food and things to use to make new homes. I assume that it had been published in the 1970’s but possibly the 1960’s. I have no other specific memories.

message 3: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (cali_reads) The girl who owned a city. One of my favs

message 4: by Shari (new)

Shari Arkills | 3 comments Thank you! I’ll read it and let you know if that’s it. I read the synopsis and it looks right!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34340 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of The Girl Who Owned a City by O.T. Nelson - Andria's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=M4O... There are different cover images.

message 6: by Shari (new)

Shari Arkills | 3 comments I found an updated version in my library's digital collection and read it. That may have been the right book but I didn't have any deja vu' moments when I read it so I'm not 100% sure. If you think of any others that have the same type of plot, please be sure to share them! Thank you.

message 7: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16882 comments Might also check the No Adults list.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Girl Who Owned a City (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

O.T. Nelson (other topics)