Monthly Challenges discussion

April 2019 Challenge > Surprise Me Task

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited May 02, 2019 06:21AM) (new)

Diana S | 2093 comments Mod
Post your books here

Directions for this task

★ 1. List 5 books (use bookcovers) that you would like to read this month.
** (this is for the 1st person who post)

example...
Here are my 5 books: Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3) by Cassandra Clare Alaskan Holiday by Debbie Macomber Becoming by Michelle Obama The Gown A Novel of the Royal Wedding by Jennifer Robson The Teacher's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #1) by Kathleen Fuller

★ 2. The next person to post will choose the two books for you to read for this task.

example....
For (name) I pick: Becoming by Michelle Obama & The Teacher's Bride (Amish Brides of Birch Creek #1) by Kathleen Fuller

★ 3. Then they will list their books:

example....
Here are my 5 books: The Revolution of Marina M. (The Revolution of Marina M. #1) by Janet Fitch Little White Lies (Debutantes, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes Someone to Trust (Westcott, #5) by Mary Balogh The Secret Language of Cats by Susanne Schötz Christmas Angel (The Christmas Angel, #1) by Eli Easton

.... step #2 and #3 in one post.

★ 4. and so on .......
★★ Just a reminder: the 1st person to post doesn't pick any books. You just list your 5 books.

message 2: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 840 comments I'll go first. My five:

Killers of the Flower Moon The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann Naples '44 by Norman Lewis Educated by Tara Westover The Iron Duke (Iron Seas, #1) by Meljean Brook Dangerous Dance A gothic romance novel set in Louisiana by Pauline Baird Jones

message 3: by Diana S (new)

For Linda I'll pick: Educated by Tara Westover & Killers of the Flower Moon The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann

My 5 books: The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah The Matchmaker's List by Sonya Lalli The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas

message 4: by Book Concierge (last edited Apr 04, 2019 09:03AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 719 comments For Diana I'll pick: The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah and Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas

My five:
The Alice Network by Kate Quinn The Dog Who Saved Me by Susan Wilson Fascism A Warning by Madeleine K. Albright Mango Elephants in the Sun How Life in an African Village Let Me Be in My Skin by Susana Herrera Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

message 5: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 452 comments For Book concierge, I'll pick: Fascism A Warning by Madeleine K. Albright and Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

My five:
Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple Evicted Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond Beloved by Toni Morrison All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin Al Franken, Giant of the Senate by Al Franken

message 6: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 452 comments For Book concierge, I'll pick: Fascism A Warning by Madeleine K. Albright and Pachinko by Min Jin Lee

My five:
Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple Evicted Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond Beloved by Toni Morrison All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin Al Franken, Giant of the Senate by Al Franken

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 445 comments For Marilyn I pick
Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin

My 5 are
Sadie by Courtney Summers The Life We Bury (Joe Talbert, #1; Max Rupert, #1) by Allen Eskens I Heard That Song Before by Mary Higgins Clark Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #1) by G.A. McKevett Taken In (A Southern Sewing Circle #9) by Elizabeth Lynn Casey

message 8: by Diana S (new)

For Amber I picked: Sadie by Courtney Summers & The Life We Bury (Joe Talbert, #1; Max Rupert, #1) by Allen Eskens

message 9: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 445 comments Thank you so much Diana for choosing for me.:)