Challenge Corner discussion

Stain
This topic is about Stain
Let's Buddy! - Fantasy > Stain, by A.G. Howard - Starting April 4th 2019

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - added it

Felicia | 14751 comments Mod
A high-fantasy gothic fairytale inspired by Hans Christian Andersen’s The Princess and the Pea.

Once upon a nightmare, her fairy tale begins...

After Lyra—a princess incapable of speech or sound—is cast out of her kingdom of daylight by her wicked aunt, a witch saves her life, steals her memories, and raises her in an enchanted forest ... disguised as a boy known only as Stain. Meanwhile, in Lyra's rival kingdom, the prince of thorns and night is dying, and the only way for him to break his curse is to wed the princess of daylight, for she is his true equal. As Lyra rediscovers her identity, an impostor princess prepares to steal her betrothed prince and her crown. To win back her kingdom, save the prince, and make peace with the land of the night, Lyra must be loud enough to be heard without a voice, and strong enough to pass a series of tests—ultimately proving she’s everything a traditional princess is not.

Cindee | 1717 comments I am 106 pages into this book and it reads like a really interesting fairy tale. I like the characters so far especially Lyra she is a very interesting and well written character. I liked the plot so far the things that have happened (view spoiler) were very well written I liked all of it including Vesper's part it was all very good.

Cindee | 1717 comments I am 202 pages into this book and it is so good it is completely unputdownable and very compelling. The characters are even more interesting than before Lyra now know as Stain is so interesting even without her memories. The Aunt Griselda is a very good villain with her well thought how plans Lyra's cousins are either not so good and greedy or (view spoiler) they are good antagonists. The plot is getting steadily more compelling the further I get into it

Cindee | 1717 comments I am 310 pages into this book and it just keeps getting better best fairy tale telling that I have read in awhile. The characters are even more developed now I really like Stain how she is now and Vesper and his group are interesting as well the villain Griselda remains compelling and a good villain and I really like Crony and Lune as well. The plot is just getting so very good that I have to just keep reading.

Cindee | 1717 comments I am 404 pages into this book and I am really loving it so very much. Now Lyra knows who she is and is trying to save her prince I really like her and Vesper the villain remains interesting. I am really enjoying the plot it is close to the end and the just keeps getting better.

Cindee | 1717 comments I am finished with this book I loved it so much it was the best book I have read in awhile. I really loved Lyra and Vesper and how they finally were together I also liked how the villain got her due as she should of for her crimes it was done is a older fairy tale way. I loved the plot it was wrapped up really well it ended perfectly.

message 7: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 49901 comments Mod
Ch. 11: (view spoiler)
Ch. 20: (view spoiler)
Ch. 30: (view spoiler)
Finished: (view spoiler)