What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Night Walkers
This topic is about The Night Walkers
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Teen Horror: teens begin to mysteriously disappear; teens become zombie-like, roaming woods/streets at night without speaking, and sometimes attacking other teens who also become like them. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Keith | 11 comments Around 1991/1992, I read a "horror" book from my high school library, the basic plot of which was: teens begin to mysteriously disappear; teens become zombie-like, roaming woods/streets at night without speaking, and sometimes attacking other teens who also become like them. The resolution of the book I remember as disappointing: it turns out that the teens had come into contact with spores(?) or chemicals(?) or something in the air (maybe?) and they are cured after being given some kind of antidote/antibiotic.

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura | 120 comments I think I read this, too. I wondered if it might’ve a John Saul, but I couldn’t find a plot that matches exactly (not the spores and the teenagers). Then I wondered about Otto Coontz- The Nightwalkers (sorry, I am on my phone and can’t link).

Keith | 11 comments that’s it! googled it and found more confirmation. thanx!

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura | 120 comments Great! Happy to help - and thanks for the reminder!

message 5: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2070 comments The Night Walkers for the link.