What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction. YA Girls Boarding school MC into poetry, someone steals her poem; another character might be Greek and gets kidnapped in a later book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 1 comments So this was a book I read years ago, not Enid blyton, set after that-maybe 60s?, all I remember is the main character was super into poetry and at one point someone steals her poem and passes it off as her own, there was also another character who I think was Greek who gets kidnapped in a later book??
Does this ring a bell for anyone?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Set in England?
Cover?
Author's gender?

message 3: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 766 comments I think this is one of the Malory Towers books by Enid Blyton. The girl, Darrell Rivers, writes a poem based on one by Emily Dickinson, and throws it away. Another girl finds it, and enters it in a poetry competition as her own work.

message 4: by Kate (last edited Oct 11, 2019 07:19AM) (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
First Term at Malory Towers by Enid Blyton for the link to Sue's suggestion.

You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 196 from six months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

First Term at Malory Towers (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Enid Blyton (other topics)