Hugo & Nebula Awards: Best Novels discussion

Random Chatter > A place to tell people about a new book you found out about because you think they might like it (not nec H or N)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kateblue, 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning (last edited Apr 02, 2019 10:41AM) (new)

Kateblue | 3776 comments Mod
The purpose of this thread is to tell people in this group, when you know their tastes, about books you found that they might like.

Hugo or Nebula or not. (I'm not sure whether it really even needs to be SF. Discuss this point?) But we should not get too far afield.

Probably newer books, but maybe not. Let's see what happens.

If you are an author who is a member of our group, please don't advertise here. Instead, just post your GR page URL, and those who are interested can to look. You can state what type of books you write.

message 2: by Kateblue, 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning (last edited Apr 02, 2019 10:42AM) (new)

Kateblue | 3776 comments Mod
Hey, Z. The Rosewater Insurrection (The Wormwood Trilogy, Book 2) by Tade Thompson is out. I know we both really liked Rosewater (and thanks for telling me about it in the first place.)

message 3: by Oleksandr, a.k.a. Acorn (new)

Oleksandr Zholud | 3704 comments Mod
I plan to read it this month, right after I finish with the current pile, which includes H&N nominated novella Gods, Monsters, and the Lucky Peach and Dogs of War

message 4: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 25 comments I am a big fan of Mark Lawrence's SPFBO contest, which is Self Published Fantasy Blog Off, whose previous winners are the The Grey Bastards and Senlin Ascends. It currently has ten finalists which you can see here:
http://mark---lawrence.blogspot.com/2...
All the finalist are cheap so you can take a chance on them. The winner gets a book deal