Fantasy Aficionados discussion

Introduction and Group Admin > Group Read? April or May??

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments So. I think this could be a great time for a group read.

Question: Do you want to try for an April read or May?

Also, how would you like to do it?
By that, I mean are you interested in free-for-all nominations or would you prefer to have themes? If you want themes, do you want the Mods to pick themes and then you all nominate OR do you want create a theme pool that the Mods drop into a randomizer on a monthly basis?

In order to ensure that books being nominated and voted for are somewhat desirable, we will be requiring seconds to all nominations for the nom to be considered valid.

message 2: by Nyssa, Don't make me get the ruler! (new)

Nyssa | 134 comments I really like the idea of randomizing from a pool of suggestions. That way, we can fold in new suggestions as they come up without having to cycle through all of the previous suggestions first.

I’m also leaning towards May for the first new group read. That would allow us to use April as a time of transition and renovation.
However, I would not be opposed to running our reads from the 15th of April to the 14th May (and so on), which would allow members to stagger their reads if they are in multiple groups.

message 3: by Tina (new)

Tina | 177 comments I am thinking May might be more feasible.

I like the idea of a free-for all suggestion with a randomizer final choice.

That way we have enough time to get a viable pool of suggestions with the choice selected and people time to get the book, & at least start the book. The discussion thread can open as early as May 1 with people popping in to discuss etc. at their leisure as soon as they feel like they are ready to add to discussion.

I do also like the idea of thematic suggestions, but maybe that can come a bit later after seeing how the randoms play out. If too many are selected from one theme consecutively, maybe?