2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Veronica's April 2019 Reading Plan

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica (last edited May 01, 2019 07:50AM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments I did a bad job of keeping up with my reading plan progress (or divergence from) last month so here's hoping I'll do a better job this month.

Carrying over from March:
Return of the Crimson Guard - 2nd in series; BR (FBR) ★★★★
The Last Light of the Sun - standalone; BR (FBR) ★★★★
My Sister's Grave - 1st in series; GR (SWBC) ★★★

FANTASY/SCIENCE FICTION/URBAN FANTASY:
Toll the Hounds - 8th in series; BR (FBR) ★★★★★

HISTORICAL MYSTERY/HISTORICAL FICTION:
Who Slays the Wicked - 14th in series
Sword Song - 4th in series; BR (FBR) ★★★★
Under Heaven - 1st in duology; BR (FBR)

Off-plan additions:
Royal Blood 4th in series ★★★★
Wicked And Wilde - 4th in series ★★★
Ambush - 3rd in series ★★★ 3/4
Big Red Tequila - 1st in series ★★★
The Kill Switch - 1st in series ★★★

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4015 comments Mod
Is that a re-read of Who Slays the Wicked? I need to re-read the whole series again :)

Enjoy!

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Lauren wrote: "Is that a re-read of Who Slays the Wicked? I need to re-read the whole series again :)

Enjoy!"

No, that's the new release out today. :-)

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4015 comments Mod
Oh, I forgot it was coming out today. Thanks for the reminder :)

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2142 comments That why I like my impulse read. Sometimes that just takes over. Nevermind what I had planned. For me it's all about enjoying what I read.

message 6: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Michelle wrote: "That why I like my impulse read. Sometimes that just takes over. Nevermind what I had planned. For me it's all about enjoying what I read."

Absolutely! :-)

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10415 comments Mod
I’m so looking forward to Sebastian & Hero! I’m #3 in line at the library.

message 8: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Jonetta wrote: "I’m so looking forward to Sebastian & Hero! I’m #3 in line at the library."

You'll have it in no time!

message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments I finished Return of the Crimson Guard, a pivotal addition to the main series. I gave it four stars- my review

message 10: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments I also finished The Last Light of the Sun which is my seventh book by this author. Another solid winner. Four stars and my review.

message 11: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Went off plan and finished both Wicked And Wilde - three stars - and Royal Blood (audiobook). I gave that four stars - my review.

message 12: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Great selection Veronica. I forgot about the new Sebastian book as well.

message 13: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished Toll the Hounds, one of the best in the series IMO. Five stars and my review.

message 14: by Veronica (last edited Apr 24, 2019 01:45PM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished another unplanned book, Big Red Tequila - three stars and my review.

message 15: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished Ambush which was a good addition to the series even though I had some issues with it. 3.75 stars and my review.

message 16: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished my re-read of Sword Song, no change from my original four star rating.

message 17: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finally got around to finishing My Sister's Grave. The fact that I set it aside for several days while I read other books shows my lack of super investment. Three stars and my review.

message 18: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1630 comments Finished just under the wire last night...The Kill Switch. It was okay though the dog's POV bits were unnecessary and felt a bit silly for this type of book. Three stars.