Challenge Corner discussion

Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1)
This topic is about Strange the Dreamer
Let's Buddy! - Series > Strange the Dreamer Series, by Laini Taylor - Starting April 2nd 2019

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - added it

Felicia | 14745 comments Mod
The dream chooses the dreamer, not the other way around—and Lazlo Strange, war orphan and junior librarian, has always feared that his dream chose poorly. Since he was five years old he’s been obsessed with the mythic lost city of Weep, but it would take someone bolder than he to cross half the world in search of it. Then a stunning opportunity presents itself, in the person of a hero called the Godslayer and a band of legendary warriors, and he has to seize his chance or lose his dream forever.

What happened in Weep two hundred years ago to cut it off from the rest of the world? What exactly did the Godslayer slay that went by the name of god? And what is the mysterious problem he now seeks help in solving?

The answers await in Weep, but so do more mysteries—including the blue-skinned goddess who appears in Lazlo’s dreams. How did he dream her before he knew she existed? And if all the gods are dead, why does she seem so real?

Welcome to Weep.

Damselflies | 456 comments Started :D

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments I need to get my book so hopefully my library has it. I will be able to start it later today. It's 10:00 AM here and I have a 1:00 lunch with some friends so it might be around 3:00 before I can start.

How do you like it so far?

Damselflies | 456 comments Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor

11% (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments Damselflies wrote: "Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor

11% [spoilers removed]"

Awesome! I was able to get a book from Libby so I'll definitely start this afternoon after my lunch engagement. :)

message 6: by Damselflies (last edited Apr 03, 2019 04:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Damselflies | 456 comments Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor

14% (view spoiler)

18% (view spoiler)

26%(view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments Sorry for lagging. I had to get all my challenges updated and babysat my granddaughter, so I had little time for reading.

10% (view spoiler)

message 8: by Damselflies (last edited Apr 05, 2019 08:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Damselflies | 456 comments Vicki wrote: "Sorry for lagging. I had to get all my challenges updated and babysat my granddaughter, so I had little time for reading.

10% [spoilers removed]"

No issue at all, real life first of course :)

Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor
34% (view spoiler)

42% (view spoiler)

message 9: by Vicki (last edited Apr 06, 2019 09:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments 35% (view spoiler)

Minya (view spoiler)

Lazlo (view spoiler)

Are you very familiar with myths? I had never heard about where Seraphim came from so I was wondering if the myth in this book is common or different. (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments I have so many books I want to read and need to read! OMG! Do you read Brittainy C. Cherry? Her new book comes out tomorrow but she released it early today on KU! I had already started her only book (I think) that I haven't read yet so I HAVE to read those before getting to others! I just love her so much!

Damselflies | 456 comments Vicki wrote: "35% [spoilers removed]

Minya [spoilers removed]

Lazlo [spoilers removed]

Are you very familiar with myths? I had never heard about where Seraphim came from so I was wondering if the myth in this..."

Minya (view spoiler)

Myth (view spoiler)

And no I haven't read anything from Brittainy C. Cherry, maybe some day haha

34%(view spoiler)

45% (view spoiler)

message 12: by Vicki (last edited Apr 10, 2019 12:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments Response to your post on Myth: I think that's a really good guess, and it would be really cool to ask the author that one. IF and WHEN I have time, I might research that one.

I'll post today in the evening, just so busy lately!

45% (view spoiler)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments Finished

I love that even though Lazlo is an orphan and doesn't have a home to call home, the place he's really comfortable and feels at home in is the Great Library. Books lovers will understand!

I love that there is such a good caliber of characters in this book. Their personalities and reasons for being are varied and as far as fantasy goes very realistic.

I also loved that (view spoiler)

Damselflies | 456 comments I'm also a little busy, it being the start of spring and working in the garden regularly haha

52% (view spoiler)