Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Heirs of the Body: 3 Stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments Heirs of the Body (Daisy Dalrymple, #21) by Carola Dunn

Heirs of the Body, Carola Dunn

★ ★ ★

From the inside flap: "In the late 1920's in England, the Honorable daisy Dalrymple Fletcher is recruited to help her cousin Edgar, Lord Dalrymple. About to turn 50, his Lordship realizes it is time to find the proper heir to the viscountcy and estate. With the help of the family lawyer, who advertises Empire-wide, they come up with four credible claimants. Edgar invites would-be heirs of the family to Fairacres, the family estate.

With the help of her husband, Scotland yard Detective Alec Fletcher, Daisy must uncover the truth and find the rightful heir before it is too late."

Well, I obviously read this out-of-order.... It was a fast, easy & satisfying read which held my interest...

In the meantime, daisy is asked to be the family's representative at the lawyer's interviews with the claimants. The four potential heirs reside in every corner of the world and come from all walks of society. However, one of them seems to have disappeared from thre face of the earth - whether permanently or not, no one knows. While the various claims are still being evaluated, the other three descend upon Fairacres, where a series of unfortunate accidents begins to occur. But are they really accidents, or is someone truing to eliminate the competition while there still is time?

Obviously I read this out-of-order.. but it was a fast & easy read that held my interest.

This is a Historical Mystery, however, the only real aspect I found to be "historical" was the explanation of the legal term "Heirs of the Body", which in England did & still does secure the right of inheritance, estate, & title

message 2: by ShazM (new)

ShazM | 365 comments I found this one a little bit far-fetched really but I like most of the others in the series. I don't think it hurts to read them out of order as it's quite easy to grasp who's who.

message 3: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Ann (auntie-nanuuq) | 753 comments ShazM wrote: "I found this one a little bit far-fetched really but I like most of the others in the series. I don't think it hurts to read them out of order as it's quite easy to grasp who's who."

Mostly the who's who is usually explained w/ previous important goings on in the first or second chapter in each new installment (which I tend to skip over anyway) ;)