Reading Women discussion

The Moor's Account
This topic is about The Moor's Account
April - The Moor's Account

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kendra, Co-founder (new) - added it

Kendra Winchester (kdwinchester) | 559 comments Mod
For April, one of our picks is The Moor's Account by Laila Lalami. The discussion episode will drop on April 17th, but feel free to discuss the book beforehand. No spoilers please. :)

message 2: by D (new) - rated it 4 stars

D Dyer | 40 comments I really loved the idea of this book but I wish it had been a better read for me. I thought that the writing, the descriptions were beautiful and the conflict between characters and internally were well thought out and interesting but I think the book needed to be longer than it was. There was a lot that happened and some of it was sort of glossed over I felt just because there was so much that the author wanted to cover she just couldn’t cover all of it in the number of pages she had.

Jessica Haider (jessicahaider) | 40 comments I finished this one a few days ago while driving back to Boston from DC. Overall, I liked the book but didn't LOVE it. Like the previous poster I wish some things weren't glossed over but I guess since this is supposed to be the account of one man, we need to go with what he wants to tell us. :)

Deborah (dg_reads) | 6 comments I finished the book this weekend and overall really liked it. I found it a little slow to engage me at the beginning, but once things got moving I was definitely hooked. Toward the end it felt a little slow for me again in parts.

This was definitely outside of my normal reading comfort area so I am very glad that I picked it up. I really liked the unique perspective!