Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

I Always Wanted to be a Spy (Maggie Sloan, #1)
This topic is about I Always Wanted to be a Spy
Book Issues > Too many Editions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judith (last edited Apr 01, 2019 06:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judith Barrett | 7 comments In error, goodreads site lists three editions: One paperback and two Kindle edition. One of the two Kindle editions does not include the book cover and should be removed.

The following is the correct information for the two editions: paperback and Kindle.

Paperback ISBN 978-1-7322989-7-2
Ebook ISBN 978-1-7322989-6-5

If there is something I can do to correct it, I'd be happy to learn.

Thank you!

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13013 comments Are you selling the ebook on any platform besides Amazon? Amazon and Goodreads use ASIN for Kindle editions.

message 3: by Judith (last edited Apr 02, 2019 05:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judith Barrett | 7 comments No. The book was published with the ISBN on Amazon. Now that I look, though, I see the editions have the ASIN.

The ASIN for the ebook on Amazon is
B07ND7ZS9P

I didn't realize Amazon assigned an ASIN to books in addition to the ISBN.
The ASIN for the paperback is 1732298971

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13013 comments While it is assigned an ISBN, Goodreads and Amazon list them with the ASIN, which is an "item number" that Amazon assigns. That is the mix of letters and numbers.

The ASIN for the paperback is 1732298971.
That is actually the ISBN10. The number beginning with 978 is the ISBN13.

I merged the ebook edition into the Kindle edition. I changed the name on your paperback to have the middle initial.

Judith Barrett | 7 comments Thanks for everything including clearing up where I was muddled.