Addicted to YA discussion

Series > Truly Devious

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
This discussion will be lead by Athena. The discussion leader will be here to help keep the conversation going. Look out for comments and questions the discussion leader might make and respond back to them!

message 2: by Athena (new)

Athena | 78 comments Hi! I’m Athena. Where is everyone in the book right now?

message 3: by Mya (new)

Mya Reed  | 11 comments I read this last month and it was such a great book! Can’t wait for the sequel!

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Jones | 6 comments I’m starting this over the weekend. Happy Reading!

message 5: by Athena (new)

Athena | 78 comments Mya, who is your favorite character?

message 6: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Casey | 43 comments Just started this book and already really like it!

message 7: by Athena (new)

Athena | 78 comments Good. Any predictions yet?

Another question: Would anyone on here still want to go to Ellingham despite the events that happened and had happened there?

message 8: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Casey | 43 comments Athena wrote: "Good. Any predictions yet?

Another question: Would anyone on here still want to go to Ellingham despite the events that happened and had happened there?"

I'm completely clueless. Also, I would definitely go there still. I doubt I would get in though. I don't have any special interests like that.

message 9: by Athena (new)

Athena | 78 comments I, for one, would still go. It seems like my dream school. Just, with murder.

message 10: by Nicki (last edited Apr 10, 2019 09:19AM) (new)

Nicki | 8 comments I'm about half way through and don't have any predictions yet. I don't feel like I know enough just yet to figure it out.

I would definitely go to Ellingham if I could get accepted.

message 11: by Athena (new)

Athena | 78 comments If you could go, what subject would you go there for?

message 12: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelreader14) I liked this first entry. I would go to Ellingham and study papercrafting and trends. I really liked Nate's character.

message 13: by Dustin (new)

Dustin Christensen Finished the book it was good, it kept me guessing and the world is interesting so I like.

Would anyone on here still want to go to Ellingham despite the events that happened and had happened there?
I dont think I would want to go, it looks like it has a lot of good resources and attention, but it seems a little to arty and a little to unstructured for my tastes. Or it might just be the Minerva house its like that.

If you could go, what subject would you go there for?
Engineering with a minor in trailblazing

message 14: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (10xcrystalx06) | 0 comments I finished the book last week. I enjoyed the book, surprisingly, because I typically don't go for mystery books.

I have a couple predictions towards the end of the book (not going to spoil it for anyone who is still reading it). Can't wait to read the second book!

I would still want to go to Ellingham despite the events that happened and had happened there just to have the experience and meet all sorts of interesting people, I think.

I wouldn't even know what subject to focus on if I got a chance to attend Ellingham!

What has been your favorite character so far?
I warmed up to Stevie, although I can see why some people don't like her attitude at times. I like how she can be straightforward with people, which can be taken in the wrong way sometimes, but seems to have the right intentions.

message 15: by Queen Cronut (new)

Queen Cronut (lit_queen_of_literature) This book was surprisingly good- I binge read it in three days. I have several predictions about Truly Devious though they're probably all wrong- Stevie would be disappointed LOL. Loved the diverse characters and unique setting but I absolutely couldn't stand Ellie from the moment she first introduced. Can't wait to read the sequel for some more answers and hopefully some closure!

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 23 comments Where are you in the book?
I finished this book quickly and I highly enjoyed it.

Would anyone on here still want to go to Ellingham despite the events that happened and had happened there?
No. In my dreams, maybe but if I was ever actually given the opportunity I would not take it. I love the concept of the school but when students show up murdered, it is a bit too unsettling for me.

If you could go, what subject would you go there for?
Writing with a focus on creative writing and journalism.

Who is your favourite character?
Stevie is my favourite character after the first book. I also really liked Janelle. Not a huge fan of Ellie for various reasons even before the last few chapters.

I'm really looking forward to starting The Vanishing Stair in a few days time. I have a few predictions but even more questions.

✨Emily | Procrastinating • Bibliophile (emilouie014) | 5 comments I finished the book!

It I got accepted into Ellingham, I’d take it but try and see if I can get a bodyguard just in case. It such an interesting school and I’d love the opportunity to explore it.

I’d mainly focus on STEM subjects since it’s my subjects at school and the only subjects that I actually care to learn in a school environment. Everything else just doesn’t hold my attention.

My favourite character is definitely Stevie since I related to her so much. Being a reader and being dedicated to their career plans. I personally don’t have anxiety but the rep as I have heard from other people is well done and well appreciated. The second character I related to was Janelle because of her passion. I also loved Nate, being very introverted and just wanting be left along to read/write. I feel like most of us would relate to that aspect of Nate.

✨Emily | Procrastinating • Bibliophile (emilouie014) | 5 comments Also I’m really excited to participate next month in the discussion for The Vanishing Stair cause I just want more of the story, setting and characters.

message 19: by Anya (new)

Anya (burnpineperish) I despised Ellie, and David. David was so toxic, and gross. He's a pathological liar. He lied about his parents being dead to gain sympathy from Stevie. Also, I know it's a small thing, but I didn't like the way the outfits were described, they were really dumb.

message 20: by Ellida (new)

Ellida Munch Anya wrote: "I despised Ellie, and David. David was so toxic, and gross. He's a pathological liar. He lied about his parents being dead to gain sympathy from Stevie. Also, I know it's a small thing, but I didn'..."

Wait woah. He lied about his parents?! since when??