What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Pioneer women

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dora (new)

Dora Christine Fisher | 109 comments I'm looking for either autobiography or a memoir about a woman's account of pioneer life or being a settler. Thank you for any suggestions. I've already read Trials of the earth, it was an amazing book.

message 2: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1055 comments Pioneer Women: Voices from the Kansas Frontier by Joanna Stratton is very good. It's a collection of reminiscences by a group of women. Pioneer Women: Voices from the Kansas Frontier

message 3: by Karen (last edited Apr 02, 2019 05:46AM) (new)

Karen | 262 comments These Is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901, Arizona Territories

I think this meets your criteria perfectly. I listened to the audiobook and really enjoyed it. The diary belongs to the great grandmother of the author and she did a very good job with the storytelling.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen | 262 comments I noticed that Sarah Prine's book is in this list:

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

I went through it and there seems to be quite a few books that would fit what you're looking for.

message 5: by Dora (new)

Dora Christine Fisher | 109 comments Thank all of you so much, I appreciate it.

message 6: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 860 comments Roughing It In The Bush I keep meaning to read this.

message 8: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1580 comments Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiography contains the original source documents for Laura Ingalls Wilder's "Little House" series.

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 29 comments This one is about a pioneer women in the South--Arkansas and Mississippi:
Trials of the Earth: The True Story of a Pioneer Woman
Also a collective biography with stories from twelve different pioneer women: Frontier Grit: The Unlikely True Stories of Daring Pioneer Women