What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fiction: Couple leaves chaos of NYC to open hotel or B&B in upstate NY and ends up getting inundated with yuppies and douchebags

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gary (new)

Gary Michael | 2 comments Some basic plot details. It's either a couple or family, tired of the chaos of the city, who leave NYC and move to either upstate NY or the Catskills to open a hotel (or bed & breakfast) for a more peaceful life. They quickly find they are inundated by yuppies etc.. eg the very thing they were trying to escape from.

This book is fiction and released in either 2017 or 2018. I believe it was also on the NY times best seller.

thank you in advance

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37567 comments Mod
What's the tone? Comedic, dramatic? Etc.
Genre? E.g. chick lit, literary fiction?

message 3: by Gary (new)

Gary Michael | 2 comments I'm not really sure of the tone since I only read a review. But I believe it's a mix of comedy/drama/social commentary. I would say literary fiction

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Gary ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 185, from six months ago, where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!