YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Envy and Magic (Spells and Sins #2)
This topic is about Envy and Magic
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Spells and Sins by Melody Raven - Reading from 'Envy and Magic (Spells and Sins #2)' from July 29th 2019

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Magic always comes back... Always.

Samantha Harris walked away from her family, and magic, years ago. But when a string of murders rocks New York City, Sam can't help but notice that the placement of the bodies screams magic. Except no one in her family seems to pick up the connection.

When she tries to give the lead detective a quick hint to send him in the right direction, Sam gets sucked further into the investigation than she ever thought possible. Now Detective Derek Pierce has to put together the half truths Sam is giving him and the facts of the case that get stranger by the second.

The killer is closer to Sam than she could've imagined and Derek is the only one who can stop him from tearing her family apart, but only if he knows the whole truth. And the whole truth is exactly what could kill him.

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments started this last night!

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Pride and Magic (Spells and Sins Book 1) by Melody Raven
23% (view spoiler)
63% (view spoiler)
85% (view spoiler)
Finished: (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Sorry, I finished this a few days ago, but haven't had much time to do my comments. I wrote a handful of reviews yesterday but had to stop before I got to this one.

Pride and Magic (Spells and Sins Book 1) by Melody Raven
Ch 8 (25%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 12 (44%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 16 (68%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 19 (85%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - I have whiplash. (view spoiler)

So do you want to read the next one?

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Yea I think I do want to read the next one! Tell me when you might be down!

Jennifer | 3551 comments Maybe some time at the beginning of next month? 5th?

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Sure that sounds good. Probably be able to get some of the trendsetter bonus' for sure.

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Hey Jennifer. I saw you start this on my feed. I forgot it last month so I'm going to get on it next!

Jennifer | 3551 comments Sounds good! I finished it today but I’m on mobile till Monday. I’ll post my comments then. Same with Vile Sorcery, etc.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Envy and Magic (Spells and Sins Book 2) by Melody Raven
Ch 8 (23%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 14 (48%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 21 (75%) - (view spoiler)
Finished - Really?? (view spoiler)

message 11: by Tiera (last edited Aug 08, 2019 11:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Envy and Magic (Spells and Sins Book 2) by Melody Raven
25% (view spoiler)
61% (view spoiler)
75% (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Tiera wrote: "Envy and Magic (Spells and Sins Book 2) by Melody Raven
Finished: [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

I hope to start the 3rd book shortly.

message 13: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 21, 2019 10:07AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer | 3551 comments Lust and Magic (Spells and Sins Book 3) by Melody Raven
Ch 8 (25%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 15 (49%) - (view spoiler)
Ch 23 (74%) - Uh oh! (view spoiler)
Finished - Well of course! (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I'm hoping to start the next book tomorrow!

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I'm still behind on this! Probably wont start till Sept 1st.

Jennifer | 3551 comments I am hoping to get to Greed and Magic (Spells and Sins Book 4) by Melody Raven by the end of the week, then tackle Tinsel in a Tangle.

I posted an update on the Age of Dragons today to keep that thread active too. That book is over 600 pages, so I might go through it more slowly.

Jennifer | 3551 comments Greed and Magic (Spells and Sins Book 4) by Melody Raven
Ch 6 - (view spoiler)
Ch 13 - (view spoiler)
Ch 18 - (view spoiler)
Finished - What the hell just happened? (view spoiler)

Gah! Now I have to find out what happens next, like ASAP.

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I'm sorry I'm behind on physicals I have a new prescription for glasses and though now I can see across a room and see blades of grass and leaves on trees when I read its super blurry and giving me headaches. They keep telling me I'll get used to it but its hella frustrating looking from distances to up close is really disorienting and makes me a touch dizzy. I've never wore glasses before so I don't know what is normal..

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83065 comments Mod
That doesn't sound normal Tiera, my dad had a very similar problem once and he went back to the optician. They'd given him varifocals or something, and he had to have whole new lenses x

message 20: by Tiera (last edited Sep 15, 2019 06:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments Lust and Magic (Spells and Sins Book 3) by Melody Raven
27% (view spoiler)
57% (view spoiler)
77% (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Wrath and Magic (Spells and Sins Book 5) by Melody Raven
Ch 5 - (view spoiler)
Ch 11 - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Wrath and Magic (Spells and Sins Book 5) by Melody Raven
Ch 15 - (view spoiler)
Finished - Uh, ok. (view spoiler)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.