What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Old man who is sick reminisces about the house he bought, the time he has left in it, and his wife.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2 comments The book that I’m looking for has a part where there is an old man reminiscing about the house that he bought and the time he has left in it since he is ill. HE speaks about his wife and how she is strong and has gone through so much. He tells how he had nothing and getting this house has so much meaning behind it. I know this is vague but its all i can remember. I believe he describes the house in detail about it structure and time spent in the house. Hopefully someone can help me.

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2420 comments Amanda, do you recall where and/or when the story was set? For example 1920s Canada, 1940s America, 1960s England? Do you recall how or when the man's wife died? Any details about the house itself -- was it in the city or the country, large or small, any special characteristics like a swing or blue shutters or a big tree or something? Are the man's reminiscences the main part of the story, or just a small part?

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2 comments The is just a small part of the story. The Wife is still alive. Sorry for the grammar errors. I believe suburbs. Maybe 80-90s was the years. I don’t recall. I know I’m being vague so was using luck and hope on this one. I believe he is standing out in the back yard when speaking of the house. He is relating age to the home.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39247 comments Mod
Please always include genre and plot details in your header, as per the Group Rules. Your query is more likely to be spotted by the people who can help you find it.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35105 comments Mod
Amanda, I added plot details to your topic header. Feel free to update by clicking the small "edit" link after the header - on the full desktop website (not the mobile app or mobile version).

Is this fiction or non-fiction?

Can you tell us more about the couple - their ages, jobs/skills/interests, rich/poor, any kids, how they met, etc.?