Crime Detective Mystery Thriller Group discussion

Book recommendation

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William Bodycombe | 2 comments Where the Crawdads Sing is worth your time. Will be a very hard act to follow for the lady who wrote it

message 2: by Skye (new)

Skye | 307 comments Thanks!

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 95 comments I have it one my TBR.

message 5: by SPRess (new)

SPRess | 4 comments Hey!! I have a book here that I think will interest Thriller fanatics!!!

Finding Arthur: Betrayal and revenge lurk in the shadow of the Good Friday Agreement was published in May 2018 and is John McClintock’s first crime novel. It has had great praise with a 5 star rating on Amazon and in a review by Brian Rowan, an established Northern Irish Journalist and Author, he stated that the book “reminded us of a peace that was hard won; of its high price and of why it should never be taken for granted. His work of fiction has given us something to think about.”

Set in 1999 after the Good Friday Agreement, Journalist Arthur Williams has reported numerous Troubles stories including the notorious Newry Bombings which killed 23 people. The IRA gang responsible were jailed thanks to the evidence provided by an informer. However, due to the terms of the Good Friday Agreement the gang are released early and are determined to get their revenge on the informer. Arthur is abducted within days of their release, is there a connection? When the case is handed to DI Quinn, a man with a short fuse, SAS-trained Sergeant Gillian Rice is assigned to keep an eye on him. A witty, sharp and engaging debut thriller which weaves through the Belfast, Bangor and County Down countryside in a compelling story of vengeance.

This book can be found here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...

I hope that you will agree, thank you,
SPRess

message 6: by SPRess (new)

SPRess | 4 comments Hey!! I have a book here that I think will interest Thriller fanatics!!!

Tadhg and the Pockel is a thriller that was published in May 2017 and was written by Michael Sands, it was positively reviewed by Irish News who described the book as "a storyline that will have you in stitches, whether you are into trad or whether you think it is just the same tune played over and over again.”

Tadhg has had hangovers before but this one! Waking up outside? In the Glens of Antrim? In the priest's garden? He's really outdone himself. The priest won't forget this visit anytime soon. What's taking them to Baltimore? What is a Pockel anyway? Why is Tadhg's dead mum writing him letters? Strap yourself in, tune up your fiddle and join Tadhg and the lads as they head south on the trad road trip of a lifetime.

Tadhg and the Pockel can be found here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...

Thank you,
SPRess