Bustle Book Club discussion

Queen Bey: A Celebration of the Power and Creativity of Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
This topic is about Queen Bey
April 2019: 'Queen Bey' > Introducing April's Book Club Pick: 'Queen Bey'

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bustle (new) - added it

Bustle | 18 comments Mod
For April, we asked Well-Read Black Girl founder Glory Edim to recommend the book, and she chose Queen Bey edited by Veronica Chambers, an essay collection about the influence and impact of Beyoncé Knowles-Carter.

Here's why Glory Edim wants you to read it: "Queen Bey features a diverse range of voices, including Luvvie Ajayi, Melissa Harris-Perry, and Kid Fury. Each writer addresses a different aspects of the singer’s fame, glamour, and political savvy. Beyoncé is a “reflection of power and possibility,” Chambers writes, for Black women and for all those who feel marginalized by mainstream culture. Entertaining and provocative, this essay collection will please readers no matter their Beyoncé fan status level."

Are you a Beyoncé fan? What's your favorite song? And what does she mean to you? Tell us in the comments!

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Chan | 4 comments You know how music can so magically transport you across time/place? Whenever I listen to XO, I am immediately taken back to 2013/2014, and all the emotions I was experiencing and big life changes I was navigating at that time. Not only is the song catchy as heck, but it’s also got that emotional tie for me that makes it one of my faves.