New Adult Book Club discussion

Book Discussions > The difference between Romantic, Steamy and Erotic scenes in Writing

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Esther (new)

Esther Rabbit | 19 comments Hi guys, my name is Esther and I am a content creator for writers and a Paranormal Romance author myself. The reason why I'm here today is to ask you, readers and writers alike about your reading preferences involving:

- romantic scenes
- steamy scenes
- erotic scenes

... in the novels of your choice. I just wrote an article on the matter: https://estherrabbit.com/romantic-ste... with examples of each (be warned, explicit content).

But I'd like to take it a step further and write another article involving the ones who would like to take part in this little survey. I'd like to know where you draw the line between steamy and erotic and if reading such scenes provides an enjoyable reading experience for you.

Naturally, do let me know if I have your permission to quote you in my upcoming article with your Goodreads name or if you wish to remain anonymous. Happy Monday everyone!

message 2: by Raymond (new)

Raymond Gaynor (raymond_gaynor) | 2 comments Romance is often defined as a feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love, accompanied by a feeling of remoteness from everyday ho-hum life. Love on the other hand can be defined as an intense feeling of deep affection, generating interest and pleasure, often involving erotic sexual attachment. By these definitions, THE EDGE OF MADNESS is indeed a love/romance/erotic story set in the future, affording the convenience of reflecting on love, romance and eroticism as they exist in present society. Are love, romance and eroticism subject to time and cultural change? I think, yes, and this is why, collectively, I like to call THE EDGE OF MADNESS a relationship rather than a love, romance and/or erotic novel though elements of each appear in plenty.

Taking up where TOTAL MELTDOWN (Borgo/Wildside 2009) by Raymond Gaynor and William Maltese left off, NewAmerica, a shadow of its former United States of America, provides a challenging and dangerous future place for three young firebrands to live.

Indeed, by far the most profound and dangerous challenges are those surrounding the nature of relationships aka love, romance, erotica, sex of these three "firebrands" in the future. And explore, they do, often holographically, begging the question of what, if anything, in the future world will be “real." Put on your CandyShades, breathe in a little ContraSpray, open a copy of THE EDGE OF MADNESS and settle back for a T-rip like never before.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0999693859

You may quote from this post.