2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2019 > Loni Keks in 2019

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loni (new)

Loni Keks (lonikeks) | 21 comments Hello and welcome!

I am a Reading Challenge member since 2018 and use Goodreads since then.
Currently, my biggest problem is to take time to read because my school stresses me more and more. In my free time, I often watch Grey's Anatomy instead of reading a book because I am tired or exhausted. But I try my best to find time to read if I haven't read for a few days.

At the beginning of the year, I chose to read 18 books this year. At this point, I read four books in the last three months. Also, I am reading three books at the same time because I have to read "The Hunger Games" and "Kabale und Liebe" for school and I can not wait to read my own books. I got a huge pile of unread books. That was, and still is, the reason why I participate in the challenge. I tried to stop buying books. Normally that works very well but there are times when I see a book, I need to buy it! Last time, I count my books, I had about 26 unread ones but I think the number rise to 30 now.

My actual goal is to read all of my unread books, so I can buy new ones. But instead of just buying it, I will read one and buy another when it is finished. Do you know this problem?

I wish you all a lot of fun with your books and your challenges!
Loni

message 2: by Loni (new)

Loni Keks (lonikeks) | 21 comments Hey, it is me again!

Currently, I am setting up my profile and also my 2019 personal reading challenge. I wandered around and look for challenges that I want to participate. I found two yearly challenges that sound good for me after you heard about my unread books problem.

I am participating in the challenge "Let's Turn Pages" and also in "Clear the Shelves". Both challenges are made for people who have a lot of books which they did not read yet.

Let's Turn Pages
In this challenge, you should read as many pages as you can. In January, I read almost 1.200 pages in three books. But I stopped reading until this month. I am excited to see how many I will do in the next four weeks!

Clear the Shelves
The title tells you what you have to do: Clear the Shelves! Take all of your physical, electronic and also audible books and read or listen to them. I only have physical books and I chose fourteen of my almost thirty books that I want to read during this year. I did not finish one of them because I just choose which ones I will read.

In which challenges do you participate?

Do your best to reach your goals but do not forget to have fun!
Loni