Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > new covers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ariella (new)

Ariella Talix (ariellatalix) Can you please updates the covers for 2 of my books that were just republished with new artwork?
Image source: https://www.ariellatalix.com/gallery
Books: ASIN: B07M6478T5 and ASIN: B07MH1GHV7
(I hope I've done this right).

message 2: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Alternate cover editions added:
Make Believe and The Designer

As the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default that will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. Please see: Setting default edition

message 3: by Ariella (new)

Ariella Talix (ariellatalix) Olivia, I don't think I managed to get this to work. I added the new editions for the 2 books, and I went into the menu that says "switch to this version," but it doesn't seem to make it the default for either book. I waited quite a while, and still no improvement. Help?

message 4: by Ariella (new)

Ariella Talix (ariellatalix) Now I've made a total mess. I have several supposed editions of my two books. Help! I need to get both books fixed now. One still has the old cover and one has no cover.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Apr 02, 2019 06:53PM) (new)

rivka | 42443 comments Mod
Ariella wrote: "I added the new editions for the 2 books"

This was not necessary, as it had already been done. The new editions are linked above in message #2. Those are the ones you want to set as the defaults. And that must be done from the respective edition's edit page, not from the page you were on.

I have set the extra editions to merge, but it can take some time for that to go through.

message 6: by Ariella (new)

Ariella Talix (ariellatalix) Thank you. I appreciate the help tremendously.

message 7: by Ariella (new)

Ariella Talix (ariellatalix) It's been a couple of days now, and things aren't any better. How do I get my author's page to link to the correct books? The old editions aren't available anymore, even though the only change to them was the cover. Is it possible to delete them somehow?

How can this be fixed?

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42443 comments Mod
Goodreads does not delete out-of-print works or editions. But as was explained above, you can set the new editions as the defaults. Here are those directions again: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

You can also use the Contact Us link on the Help page to request assistance.