BooktubeSFF Awards discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived 2019 > Vengeful Readalong

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (thoughtsontomes) | 11 comments Hey everyone! This will be the readalong space for Vengeful by V.E. Schwab. Please remember to tag any of your spoilers so people who are reading at different paces aren’t spoiled.

I’m excited to read this as I adored Vicious when I read it in the fall, and I’m intrigued about if this will be a solid continuation as my track record with Schwab is hit and miss...

Enjoy!

message 2: by Matt (new)

Matt Carl (pressenter) | 55 comments I’m finishing up Vicious, as I guess I missed it the first time around. But I like it.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 46 comments I’m 270 pages in, and I’m having a lot of fun reading it. A lot of people are saying they didn’t need to see a sequel to Vicious, but I like the continuation. Hits home the theme that vengeance never ends unless someone stops the cycle.

I thought the Calculating Stars was meh. And I was bored to tears with Long Way To A Small, Angry Planet (so I’ll keep an open mind to its sequel but I’m not too hopeful). Vengeful will probably get my vote.

message 4: by Agnes (new)

Agnes | 22 comments I'm on the opposite side of the scale, I guess :D
I started Vicious, so I could get to Vengeful, but find it tough to work my way through it. While it is not a hard rule, I usually cannot enjoy a book if I don't like any of the main characters, and so far I must say neither Victor nor Eli are in any way persons I can like. Getting to 18% has been a bit of an uphill work, so I switched to Long Way to a small, angry Planet, and I'm enjoying it much more. I'll see when I can return to Vicious later on...

message 5: by Lucinda (new)

Lucinda  | 16 comments I was a bit worried about this book, but I worried for naught. Also I was really happy this was on the list, as it gave me the excuse I needed to buy it. ^_^

message 6: by Elise (new)

Elise Lost But Found (eliselostbutfound) | 23 comments Nervous to start this... I was upset when Vicious was continued in the first place. I felt it ended perfectly, so I almost don't want to read this.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 41 comments Unfortunately for me, this is just one of those books I have no interest in reading. I was very meh about Vicious and I could care less about super power stories. They just don't interest me at all...so I won't be joining this read along, but I hope others have a good time :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.