Karen Marie Moning discussion

Fever Series > finally dreamfever!!! (keep out if u havent read it)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tatu (new)

Tatu (tatu_black) | 74 comments Mod
so.... its finally out !!! what do you guys think???
are u finished with it?? al im gonna say right now.. is that i loved it... karen just keeps getting better at writing....

lets go back in time.... this was the first teaser...

"I am a kite in a tornado but I have a long string. There is tension in my line. Somewhere, someone is holding onto the other end and, although it cannot spare me this storm, it will not let me be lost while I regain my strength.

It is enough.

I will survive."

did u guys get it???

wow!! when it first came out i didnt know what karen meant with this teaser.. i was completely lost...
now i understand!

mac´s pov while in her pri-ya state was absolutely mindblowing.. to think what she went through... the state of mind the princes left her in...

ALL BOW DOWN TO BARRONS THE SAVIOR!!!!

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 57 comments I loved it but the end. It left me craving to know who it is just lying there. I wanted some kind of hint just to tie me over till the last book comes out.
I was so happy when Barrons saved her and the scenes after that. You got to see a different side of him, the side that actually cares. Which is his problem becuase from the beginning he really did not care about anything but there is something about Mac that draws him in. I hope that Barrons and Mac get a HEA. But somehow i feel as though V'Lane should too. Have to love on him a little

message 3: by Rhianon (new)

Rhianon | 6 comments Loved every minute of this read, best of the Fever series thus far in my opinion.

...would anyone like to postulate just who it was that the monster morphed back into?
Dani, perhaps?
Barrons himself?
Surely not V'lane the Fae, though it's remotely feasible I guess.
Mac's comment of "Now I'd lost everything" makes it difficult for me to close the book without having this sort of discussion. Because she gave us no hint at all, aside from that.
Don't really think it was Barrons, because he was standing in the garage next to Mac when the beast roared earlier in the book.

Thoughts?
(Hi, I'm new to the group by the way...)

message 4: by Tatu (new)

my theory is that barrons (being the DK) has the hability to shift into a beast... or that barrons is actually a beast... dont know... but my fav is the 1st theory...

message 5: by Tatu (new)

grr... forgot to say... i have all the teasers... ill post them.. i dont know... one a week?.. so we can discuss them...

how does that sound??

message 6: by Tatu (new)

btw.. it was kinda of sad to see ryodan die... i kinda liked him.. although there´s something i dont get.. was he also one of the bad guys? because mac saw him when she had "the book" in front of her..

message 7: by Rhianon (new)

Rhianon | 6 comments Tatu wrote: "btw.. it was kinda of sad to see ryodan die... i kinda liked him.. although there´s something i dont get.. was he also one of the bad guys? because mac saw him when she had "the book" in front of her..."

That could simply have been, as Mac mentioned, just "the book" pulling images from her mind and showing her what she expected/wanted to see in order to distract her?

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 57 comments Someone said that it is said thar raydon gets his own book. So who knows. But as long as barrons is not dead I will be happy

message 9: by Rhianon (new)

Rhianon | 6 comments Well, valid point -- just because she sees him fall over the edge of the cliff doesn't mean he dies. I mean, it's not like she saw him splatter at the bottom, right? :)

message 10: by Tatu (new)

that´s so true! i heard the same thing about it.. i dont know... ill keep my fingers crossed.. just in case...

message 11: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5 comments Just beginning the book for the third time through and am freaked Barrons must be the beast but is he really dead? I will be miserable if Mac and Barrons do not end up together in final book. Also hope Karen starts a new series with Danny & Riodan.

message 12: by Rhianon (new)

Rhianon | 6 comments I don't really think it's Barrons, although I share your deep-seated fear. The reason I don't think so? Because it's the immediate and knee-jerk reaction. And Moning is notorious for her surprises, right? :)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Rhianon wrote: "Loved every minute of this read, best of the Fever series thus far in my opinion.

...would anyone like to postulate just who it was that the monster morphed back into?
Dani, perhaps?
Barrons himse..."

maybe christian?

message 14: by Rhianon (last edited Aug 24, 2009 03:55PM) (new)

Rhianon | 6 comments But Christian has been stuck in the Silvers since Halloween. Perhaps the "cute boy" at the bar! The one whose reflection in the mirror is strange? Remember, he tells her not to talk to "it"? Just now occurred to me, and this seems to fit better than any of the other theories I've been able to come up with.
[ETA: ...but how that fits in to her comment about having lost everything, I don't know? Except that she'd liked him and had a bit of a crush on him.]

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

what was christian becoming when his eyes and skin were changing? and dont the silver distort time as well? So the beast could be what Christian was becoming maybe. I dont know :( this is all very frustrating!!!!! The next book is going to be huge if its going to be able to answer all my questions. hehe

message 16: by Rhianon (new)

Rhianon | 6 comments Christian is one of the Keltar Druids... the dark fae flesh she fed him had an effect on the tattoos already on his body, from the druidry they'd worked.
At least, that's the way I interpreted what she saw happening to him.
And I agree, this last book is going to have a lot of dangling plot threads to pull together, without a doubt!

message 17: by Robin (new)

Robin | 5 comments Who else could the beast be? She says she has lost everything. Also my guess is that the "cute boy" is the fourth rapist and the killer of Alina. Remember when she alludes to his fuzziness in the mirror at chesters - something is definitely wrong with him. When he says do not talk to it I think he is referring to the book. What do the rest of you think?

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura (highlandhussy) | 130 comments Mod
I don't think the beast is Christian, I don't think Ryodan is dead, if she's truly lost "everything" it has to be JZB, but where would that leave book #5? and I like the idea that IYD is the hot boy from the bar who just keeps turning up. I am soo hoping that Christain gets his own book...I have a soft spot for the MacKeltar boys :)

message 19: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (ladykatherinebookgoddess) | 8 comments I also have a soft spot for those McKeltars!!
I kinda think that the beast might be the Queen in hiding. Just a thought?

message 20: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (ladykatherinebookgoddess) | 8 comments AND, when does the next book come out!!?? It had better not be a whole year again!

message 21: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 57 comments Sorry Katherine it is a whole year

message 22: by Laura (new)

Tatu wrote: "my theory is that barrons (being the DK) has the hability to shift into a beast... or that barrons is actually a beast... dont know... but my fav is the 1st theory... "

I meant to ask you what you meant by Barrons being the DK what's the DK? druid king? dark knight? help!

message 23: by Kelly (last edited Aug 30, 2009 09:41PM) (new)

Kelly Oakes (kellymoakes) | 22 comments Okay, I just finished the books and am tossing around a few ideas...

What if Barrons is the Unseelie King himself? Do you recall in his memory Mac saw, he said that no one recognized him and that they were all fools. He slept with the fae princess, V'lane's princess? Creating the riff between him and V'lane? Royal Fae can touch the Hallows, Barrons touched the spear.

How does Barrons know how to work the silvers so well?
Because he created them for his consort? Because that is the vision of the woman Mac saw in Barrons' arms?

Who is the beast? She talks of the dark hair and the pale skin, did eating the Unseelie make Christian turn into the dark thing he and Barrons tried to summond on Halloween, completing the ritual that Christian said he failed to do that night. Spreading the dark magic and the black and cromson tattoos across his body??
I don't think the beast is Barrons, When he and Mac were in the garage, the great noise of a beast sounded from deep underground...But who is it?

message 24: by Tatu (new)

huh... sorry i was watching "the dark knight" movie and well... i was brain-dead for a while i meant UK (unseelie king) lol.. sorry... lol..

message 25: by Laura (new)

okay, good, cuz that was my thought too! I think he is the unseelie king! I thought that in faefever, and I think that he has to be! ugh...we have to wait a whole friggin' year!

message 26: by Tatu (new)

grr... dont remind me.. im following a friends advice and now im stuffing myself with a hole lot of diff books about a lot thingsand obviously im planning on rereading ....lol...

message 27: by Laura (new)

lol. I have started the Lords of the Underworld now, to take my mind off of it!

message 28: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 57 comments okay with that in mind as Barrons in the UK then I might have to re-read everything with that perspective. I would not have thought of that Kelly you are awesome with that view.

message 29: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Oakes (kellymoakes) | 22 comments BrandyS wrote: "okay with that in mind as Barrons in the UK then I might have to re-read everything with that perspective. I would not have thought of that Kelly you are awesome with that view. "

thanks, I try to think "out of the box"
these books really require one u to pay attention

message 30: by Amanda (last edited Sep 01, 2009 03:24PM) (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 68 comments I've commented on this book in another group, but I'll summarize here.

First of all, I REALLY enjoyed the book. Faefever was okay for me, but Dreamfever got me into the series all over again.

A few things:
I'm not entirely sure if Ryodan is actually dead. He's gotta be tougher than that. I know he fell off a cliff and all, but when you consider what those guys face in Mac's world, don't you think this would be a sad way to go for the series?

I don't think Barrons is the Unseelie King. However, I do think it'd be possible for him to the be offspring of the Unseelie King and his concubine. Barrons knows a lot about Faerie, but is still human. Mac doesn't know what he is, but she doesn't sense enough Fae in him to know if he is UK or not. Barrons knows a lot about the UK's concubine, as well as the mirrors he crafted for her. If Barrons really was the UK, I'd think he'd feel more comfortable with using those mirrors. He was very hesitent in the end of the book with the plan to use them.

So who is the beast? I saw a lot of foreshadowing with Mac calling Barrons her beast while she was pri-ya, but that also seems TOO easy. Karen Moning never lets us off that easy. I was speculating if Vlane might be the beast. That'd really tie him to Mac, for one. And where has Vlane been all this time, anyways? To me, it almost seems like Vlane and Barrons tolerate each other because prehaps one of them might be in debt to the other?

The beast has to be a character we are familiar with. Mac wouldn't have reacted that way if it was an unknown, or even someone she was only an aquatience with.

btw, i've started the series from the beginning! I'm paying really close attention to every detail now. I have a feeling little things we've let slip will prove to be very important to the end of the series.

message 31: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 68 comments Robin wrote: "Who else could the beast be? She says she has lost everything. Also my guess is that the "cute boy" is the fourth rapist and the killer of Alina. Remember when she alludes to his fuzziness in the m..."

I heard that theory too! I really like it. Why else would KMM keep bringing him in the previous books if he doesn't really have a significant role?

message 32: by Laura (new)

good point, so then do you think "she lost everything" with him, because he was her last link to the "real" world? I think that was mentioned the day she saw him in the museum...hmmm

message 33: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 68 comments Yea it's hard to tell. I'm sure KMM will keep us crazy until next year. Ugh, and her spoilers only make it worse.

message 34: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 8 comments Ok so i had this random thought a sec ago and i'm gonna run with it. i honestly cannot guess what will happen:

So an above post mentioned Barrons maybe being the concubine and unseelie kings child...

So he decides to take revenge for his father. makes a master plan to get the seelie queen to trust him...they have a great time together (how could it not be great!! hehe:), he finally kills her.

that's why the fae are scared of him, the unseelie won't touch him (since he is the offspring of the king), and he can hold both unseelie and seelie things..

since his father liked experimenting on things maybe he experimented on his children...the 8 men... made them animals??

anyway just another wild thought to add to the bunch!!

can't wait for shadowfever!! Lord help me Barrons better not be the beast that was killed!!

mac && barrons=HEA!!

message 35: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 8 comments oh if someone already posted something like this theory i apologize in advance for trying to mooch ur idea!! no harm intended! lol

message 36: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 57 comments I like that idea

message 37: by Laura (new)

no prob, I think most of us share the same ideas anyway... I know that Kelly and I seem to share the same theories, and I think that the idea of Barrons being the unseelie king's son is completely intriguing.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

My husband thought of Barrons being the Unseelie kings offspring as well. He thinks the 8 and barrons are all brothers. I think its a very good idea. It totally makes sense and I'm glad to see others have come up with the idea too. Maybe we are on the right track?????? :)

message 39: by Laura (new)

ooh, that's intriguing...ryoden and barrons being brothers. but we still haven't heard anything about the Haven's prophecy of the 5...remember that the Keltar think they are the 5 (and so did I) but barrons made it sound like they weren't. Wonder how KMM will tie this all up! I think that Dreamfever has given us the most info so far out of all the books...but also remember in the end of Spell of the Highlander? Cian is supposed to be super powerful...hmmm...

message 40: by Amanda (last edited Sep 09, 2009 04:09PM) (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 68 comments Laurie wrote: "ooh, that's intriguing...ryoden and barrons being brothers. but we still haven't heard anything about the Haven's prophecy of the 5...remember that the Keltar think they are the 5 (and so did I) b..."

I'm trying to keep from the mind-frame that this will all wrap up in Shadowfever. I kind of hope that we'll find out more about these "missing" Keltar druids in other books by KMM. We have Drustan, Dageus, Cian...and??? I like the idea that Christian might be a 4th, but I don't see how Barrons is really involved in the Keltars, besides Christian's dislike of him. You'd think if the 5 were together during the end of Faefever, what happened wouldn't have happened.

Ugh. I'm in the middle of Bloodfever right now, taking my Kindle notes, and now I feel like I need to re-read Spell of the Highlander too.

And Shannon: I'd really LOVE to think that Mac and Barrons would = HEA, but I'm really concerned that it might not :( I kept thinking that if that were the case, there'd be more mutual chemistry between them at this point. I don't see how they can overcome what they've gone through (mainly the bad) and really fall in love. But again, we only know this through Mac. I really wonder what Barrons REALLY feels for her.

KMM will be the death of me, for sure.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Didnt the seelie queen say that her players were in place for this whole scenerio at the end of one of the highlander books? I think that adam black was included in that statement so maybe he is one of the 5? they mentioned him briefly in this book too.

message 42: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Oakes (kellymoakes) | 22 comments Okay, now all I have is more questions in my mind about how the Fever series will end and how it ties to the Highlander series...

and may I also point out that Sarah(message 39) said that her HUSBAND thinks...wait, did she say her husband is reading our books?
I think that these novels should remain a secret from our spouses! These are part of our secret sisterhood of sexy hot males that ONLY women are aloud to read, sorry Sarah. Unless your husband LOOKS like one of the MacKeltars, then he can be an honorary club member, LOL.

message 43: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 57 comments Kelly girl % am with you. My husband once asked when I was reading one of the higlander books what I was laughing at. So I told him after that I was informed he never wanted to be notified again. Love my husband but he does not look like any of them. Well only in my fantasies

message 44: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 12, 2009 06:43PM) (new)

Girls, Girl, Girls I didnt want to say it and cause jealousy but my hubby is a lot like what I would imagine Cian to look like. ;) Too bad he doesnt have the accent...oh and his head is shaved...hmm maybe its just me. LOL oh well...hes my sexy highlander. It does get a little competitive every time a new book comes out but he's pretty good about "Ladies First".

message 45: by Celeste (new)

Celeste | 8 comments OK, so I just finished reading the book. I was trying my very hardest to not read the book until the final one came out - then I was going to have a Fever-a-Thon and read them all; start to finish.
HOWEVER, I obviously caved and, thus, have to contribute my 2 cents to these theories going around!

I do NOT believe at all that the beast is Barrons, here's why: a)the obvious, the beast has been being kept at the bottom of BB&B since she's known him, which leads me to b) it's someone she hasn't seen since we've read the enire series which leads me to my (weak as it may be) conclusion that c) it's got to be her SISTER. Who else would she be so devastated over killing???

It makes total sense! Well, total sense to my addled mind! :)

p.s. I second Kelly's "these novels should remain a secret from our spouses!" Some things are just too sacred to be shared!! ;-) I once tried to explain to my husband what was going on in this series and he just looked at me like I was coo-coo for co-co puffs! LOL

message 46: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Oakes (kellymoakes) | 22 comments Hi all, I'm reading the book again to see if I've missed anything and have a few questions?
Or comments...

1) When Mac goes inside Barron's head and see's through him...
She sees a desert, feels him asking "will she love us" "She is gone for so long", "he held her above all other"and then he "mocks the heavens"...hmmm
Has he fallen from grace?

2)Later she see Barrons in the Seelie court, having sex with V'lanes princess and he later kills her. He also says that no one recognizes him? That back then he was still hunting the BOOK.

So, was he a Seelie prince or high court? banished from the queen? Getting his revenge?
Does he want the same thing the LM wants, to be Fairie again, restored by getting the book.

3)Who are the 5 in the prophecy? Was there really 5 princes in fairie?

Just rambling....

message 47: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Oakes (kellymoakes) | 22 comments Hi ladies, for all the Phil Gigante fans I have to share an email from the velvet voice of the Highlander audio books, scroll down to read my email to him first to understand just how funny he is!

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for the wonderful note, and the very kind compliments! Glad to hear you got a laugh from the bloopers, and my upcoming Scottish phone sex (or "aural sex", as I like to call it) site is 1-800-BEN-DOON. Ok...not really...but it could be fun! LOL

Glad you like the books. Karen is a great writer, and really inspiring to perform. Even if it does get a bit warm in the studio sometimes!

Kelly, I have done lots of other voice work in many mediums, and if you're interested, this link will take you to a list of my audiobooks.
http://www.audiobookstand.com/product...

Thank you for listening, Lass! It was a pleasure to meet you...
Phil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Philmaniac@hotmail.com
Subject: KMM Fan and lover of the many voices of the Highlanders
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 21:30:56 -0700

Dear Phil,

I have to first say thank you for making me laugh my *ss off.

Listening to the ring tones and bloopers from KMM website was hilarious. I’m sorry to say that I didn’t hear your wonderful voice until after I read all of the series.

One of my good friends told me I just had to listen to the guy who does the audio books… and so I did. And if you ever decided to venture into Scottish

Phone sex operator business, you’ll corner the market, lol.

Truly, you are a master of your craft. Not only is your voice rich and superb, I can feel the genuine tone and inflection that belongs to the man behind it.

Till we meet again, during the next edition of your audio work. May the road rise up to meet you, and may the wind be always at your back.

PS: Have you done any other voice over work? Audio books?

Kelly Oakes

message 48: by Alicia (new)

Alicia  Gordon (aliciareneegordon) :O I am so Stunned. It's just torture! That's probably the most intense cliff-hanger ending I've come across. If Barrons is the one who's dead...I'd Probably stop reading the next book right there. I hope It's not Christain. God this is torture.

message 49: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 57 comments º•:.:•ºMustBeAllieº•:.:•º wrote: ":O I am so Stunned. It's just torture! That's probably the most intense cliff-hanger ending I've come across. If Barrons is the one who's dead...I'd Probably stop reading the next book right there...."

I think we are all with you in that aspect...

message 50: by Tatu (new)

yep! me too..

« previous 1