Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - Series Reads > Tower of Dawn - April 19

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

Savanes | 1997 comments Mod
The group will be reading Tower of Dawn in April in preparation for our group read of Kingdom of Ash in May. Tower of Dawn is the 6th book in the Throne of Glass series. Please read and discuss here and use spoiler tags as needed.

Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas

Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas

A glorious empire . . .
A desperate quest . . .

Chaol Westfall and Nesryn Faliq have arrived in the shining city of Antica to forge an alliance with the Khagan of the Southern Continent, whose vast armies are Erilea's last hope. But they have also come to Antica for another purpose: to seek healing at the famed Torre Cesme for the wounds Chaol received in Rifthold.

After enduring unspeakable horrors as a child, Yrene Towers has no desire to help the young lord from Adarlan, let alone heal him. Yet she has sworn an oath to assist those in need—and will honor it. But Lord Westfall carries shadows from his own past, and Yrene soon comes to realize they could engulf them both.

In this sweeping parallel novel to the New York Times bestselling Empire of Storms, Chaol, Nesryn, and Yrene will have to draw on every scrap of their resilience if they wish to save their friends. But while they become entangled in the political webs of the khaganate, deep in the shadows of mighty mountains where warriors soar on legendary ruks, long-awaited answers slumber. Answers that might offer their world a chance at survival—or doom them all . . .

message 2: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

I was not too fond of Chaol before reading this book. I even postponed reading it but in the end, it was a very pleasant surprise. One of the best in the series...

message 3: by Anamika (new)

Anamika (anamikapathania) | 1 comments I have hated chaol since crown of midnight so I was planning on skipping this one but I am glad I read it because this book broke my illusion since it's so much more than chaol, we get to meet so many new characters and I also liked Nesryn's character development in this one.
P.S : to all chaol Fan's out there don't worry since you will be able to find enough of him in this one.

message 4: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 81 comments I read this back in December and was a little disappointed. Everyone else reading this series seems to love this one but it was definitely my least favorite.

I enjoyed reading the Nesryn and Sartaq parts but was really disinterested in the Chaol and Yrene bits. It's funny because I don't really like the three main characters in this series (Aelin, Dorian, and Chaol) but love a lot of the side characters (Lysandra and Manon are my favs).

I'm excited to read how the series ends in the last book next month.

message 5: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

That's too bad Jenna. I hated Chaol in previous books but I liked him in this one. I have to admit that sometimes in Maas' books, characters are a bit interchangeable. It's not great literature but very entertaining. I hope you like the next book more. Looking forward to your comments.

message 6: by Janina (new)

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments I've always loved Chaol .. for some reason Maas always manages for me to start out sort of liking the main heroines and then slowly but surely developing intense hatred for them. Which makes it hard for me to ever finish one of her series ...

This book felt just a little too much like a long dragged out filler book. So, I don't know. Not my favorite, but I like this series a little bit better than the fairy one. All in all, I just think Maas is not for me.

message 7: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 81 comments Savanes wrote: "That's too bad Jenna. I hated Chaol in previous books but I liked him in this one. I have to admit that sometimes in Maas' books, characters are a bit interchangeable. It's not great literature but..."

I agree Savanes, it's not great literature but definitely entertaining! Have you read Kingdom of Ash or will you be reading it with the group in May?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tower of Dawn (other topics)
Kingdom of Ash (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah J. Maas (other topics)