Classics for Beginners discussion

Upcoming Reads > June Nominations for Re-Reads

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth This is a thread for nominating a book that has been previously read by the group. No theme this month.

Nomination rules for this Thread- PLEASE READ RULES CAREFULLY
1. One nomination per person.
2. Classic books that are 50 years or older (please check if you are not sure).
3. Books can be of any length, but if a book wins and is over 600 pages, we will read it over a two month period.
4. No book from an author who we have read in the last 9 months.
5. To facilitate poll creation, please use a Goodreads link to add the nomination by clicking on 'add book/author' above the text box.
6. Please indicate whether or not you would be willing to lead the discussion if your nomination is chosen.

Just a reminder that you can nominate books that were read more than 3 years ago. Therefore, a book read before June 2016 can be nominated again. Go to the bookshelf (see upper right corner of this page) to see when your selection was last read.

†Authors not to nominate:

Ray Bradbury & Niccolo Machiavelli (May 2019)
Arthur Miller & John Steinbeck (April 2019)
Harper Lee & Elizabeth Gaskell (March 2019)
Lorraine Hansberry (February 2019)
Leo Tolstoy (January 2019)
Agatha Christie (Dec 2018)
H.G. Wells (Nov 2018)
W. Somerset Maugham (Oct 2018)
Charles Dickens (Sept 2018)

〰️Beth〰️ (x1f4a0bethx1f4a0) | 5 comments A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis
I am new to the group so I am uncertain if this would be a reread. I can not lead

message 5: by Heather L (new)

Heather L  (wordtrix) Beth,

We have not previously read CS Lewis, so it would not apply. You can find a list of previous group reads here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth 〰️Beth〰️ wrote: "A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis
I am new to the group so I am uncertain if this would be a reread. I can not lead"

Hello Beth we have not previously read A Grief Observed, If you scroll to the top right you will see our bookshelf, or click on the link that Heather has provided. Thanks :)