Book Buddies discussion

Black Leopard, Red Wolf (The Dark Star Trilogy #1)
This topic is about Black Leopard, Red Wolf
Monthly Book > APRIL BOTM: Black leopard Red wolf

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is where we will discuss Black leopard Red wolf at the end of the month! Don’t forget to leav suggestions for next months book in the suggestions folder. Happy Reading!☺️

message 2: by Johanna (new) - added it

Johanna I'm going to buy this one, this was so new book, that it doesn't exist in the library here in Finland. Or not in the library of my town.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey I’m on page 138 and I think I’m going to have to DNF this! It’s such a shame but I’m really not enjoying it. You are welcome to continue but I found it over sexualised and hard to track the plot. So sad that this didn’t live up to all the hype that I had seen!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

What did you think about the book?

message 5: by Johanna (new) - added it

Johanna I've ordered the book but got message that delivery is going to be delayed. I'm not sure when I get this but I'm definitely going to read this and tell my opinion here after reading!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

No problem! Hope you do enjoy it but I have a feeling there will be a lot of discussion about it 😂

message 7: by Johanna (new) - added it

Johanna I have now finished this one! This was quite long story and not the easiest English (not to someone who hasn't English as a native language). This was also a good thing because I had to concentrate :)

This started quite slowly and you got in after first 150 pages. After the beginning there is much more happening and you understand why you were told some things in the beginning. The book was quite touching in the end, and horrible, and my eyes were a bit wet. Characters could be a bit more deeper because the story was quite good.

And about that opinion "over sexualised": I have to admit that it felt strange in the beginning because everything was new to you. I was thinking if the whole book continues like that but I noticed that after the first 150 pages there were much less "over sexualised" sentences. Text was quite rough but if the book is telling about people who are rough it's understandable. It was maybe a shame that the first 150 pages were so rough when the characters are new to you and you're not sure if they are good or bad and you are thinking if you like them or not. Maybe it was my luck that I wasn't reading this in my native language because rough text is easier to read in some other language ;) I'm quite sure that I didn't understand so well how rough some of the words were etc.

Is there some else who read this? What did you think about the status of women vs. men in the book?