YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

First Love
This topic is about First Love
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > First Love by James Patterson --> Starting 1st April 2019

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 45801 comments Mod
An extraordinary portrait of true love that will move anyone who has a first love story of their own. Axi Moore is a "good girl": She studies hard, stays out of the spotlight, and doesn't tell anyone how all she really wants is to run away from it all. The only person she can tell is her best friend, Robinson--who she also happens to be madly in love with.

When Axi spontaneously invites Robinson to come with her on an impulsive cross-country road trip, she breaks the rules for the first time in her life. But the adventure quickly turns from carefree to out of control after the teens find themselves on the run from the police. And when Robinson suddenly collapses, Axi has to face the truth that this trip might be his last.

A remarkably moving tale very personal to James Patterson's own past, FIRST LOVE is testament to the power of first love--and how it can change the rest of your life.

Chapter 22 (view spoiler)

Chapter 28 (view spoiler)

Chapter 39 (view spoiler)

70% (view spoiler)

Finished (view spoiler)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Maddison wrote: "Chapter 22 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Yeah real crazy haha. I wouldnt be happy with him haha

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Maddison wrote: "Chapter 28 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Yeah it must be. I was confused otherwise xD

message 11: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Chapter 32 (view spoiler)

I have basically no idea who they are XD

message 13: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments 93% (view spoiler)

I know :(

message 15: by Shae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments That epilogue (view spoiler)

Yes perfect!

Karen Barber | 10007 comments How out of touch am I...James Patterson...romance...I’m keeping my reservations in check until I read!

Courtney | 11326 comments Karen wrote: "How out of touch am I...James Patterson...romance...I’m keeping my reservations in check until I read!"

I thought the same thing. I think I am going to have to read it just to see what is going on here.

Karen Barber | 10007 comments Prologue has immediately got a relaxed fun vibe - but I’m thinking not many 16 year olds would set up such a trip.

Yeah it's really strange for Patterson to have a romance, but it was good!

Courtney | 11326 comments Karen wrote: "Prologue has immediately got a relaxed fun vibe - but I’m thinking not many 16 year olds would set up such a trip."

Exactly it seems like it will be a fun read though.

Courtney | 11326 comments Chapter 4 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11326 comments Chapter 22- Well that got intense.

Courtney | 11326 comments Chapter 27 (view spoiler)

Courtney | 11326 comments Shae wrote: "Maddison wrote: "Chapter 22 [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

They must have because thats when I realized it. Whats the odds of all three of us missing it?

Courtney | 11326 comments Chapter 36 (view spoiler)

Karen Barber | 10007 comments Up to ch6. Hints that there’s more to this are there (but maybe I’m only looking out for them because of the info we’ve already been given).

Karen Barber | 10007 comments Up to ch22. I’ve got carried away with the tale so far. Lots of funny vignettes, but they’re not really adding up to much at the moment. What is behind this trip, and the escape from Vegas seems most unlikely.

Karen Barber | 10007 comments Up to ch32. Slightly unexpected turn, but it makes sense of their behaviour. Feels a little Fault in our Stars-like at the moment.

Courtney | 11326 comments Karen wrote: "Up to ch32. Slightly unexpected turn, but it makes sense of their behaviour. Feels a little Fault in our Stars-like at the moment."

Thats what I thought.

Karen Barber | 10007 comments Up to ch48. Like the last piece of the jigsaw...but it’s inevitably going to be messy.

Karen Barber | 10007 comments Finished. Review on home page. Not a bad read, but I didn’t feel that much for the characters. It all seemed quite inevitable.

Karen Barber | 10007 comments Courtney wrote: "Chapter 27 [spoilers removed]"

There are clues - think the actual road trip/way it starts is a bit of a give-away. (view spoiler)