EVERYONE Has Read This but Me - The Catch-Up Book Club discussion

The Princess Bride
This topic is about The Princess Bride
MODERN CLASSICS/POPULAR READS > The Princess Bride - Pre-Read

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna Loves Reading (last edited Mar 31, 2019 08:44PM) (new) - added it

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) | 1117 comments Mod
This discussion is for the April 2019 Modern Classic/Popular group read of The Princess Bride by William Goldman.

*SPOILERS NOT ALLOWED* Please see the Spoilers thread for the spoiler discussion.

Who plans to join this read? Will it be your first time or a reread?

Renee (elenarenee) I hated the movie. I will read the other books for group reads first then give this a go if I Have time. My time this month is very limited

Megan | 350 comments This is one of my favorites, I’ll try to participate.

Lensey | 65 comments I've already started my re-read of this one (I think it's technically my second re-read). I love the book. I love the movie. I'm looking forward to the discussion!

Tori | 758 comments Mod
I've seen the movie a few times, but I've never read the book, so I'm really excited to read it with all of you this month!

Summer (paradisecity) | 37 comments I picked up a gorgeous storybook edition with illustrations from B&N a few years back but haven't read that edition yet. I'll be cracking it open now!

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 973 comments One of my very favorites. I've read it 5 or 6 times, in different editions... almost said something that could be considered spoilery if someone is totally unfamiliar with it... better not participate in this thread!

message 8: by Melinda (new)

Melinda | 117 comments Renee wrote: "I hated the movie. I will read the other books for group reads first then give this a go if I Have time. My time this month is very limited"

I’m with you. Didn’t really care for the movie (although it was years ago), but I’ll give the book a try if I have time after my other reads this month.

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) | 1117 comments Mod
To Renee & Melinda, because I cannot resist:

description

Though I do understand. It’s not for everyone. I enjoy the movie and have read maybe half the book. Not sure why I set it aside. I think it was just too much on my reading plate.

message 10: by Melinda (new)

Melinda | 117 comments Joanna Loves Reading wrote: "To Renee & Melinda, because I cannot resist:

Though I do understand. It’s not for everyone. I enjoy the movie and have read maybe half the book. Not sure why I set it aside. I think it was just ..."

Lol!

يسرا (yusranwannabebookworm) | 5 comments I will be reading this book this week ! :) i havent an idea about it so yeah ;)

message 12: by Alex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alex (alexstickland) | 1 comments Yay I have this one, so can join in this month :)

message 13: by Manybooks (new) - added it

Manybooks This has been on my to read list forever. Inconceivable!

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 973 comments lol!

Brandi | 115 comments I never knew this was a book until it was nominated for this month. I loved the movie when I was a kid. I'm pretty excited for this read. I'm also very excited for a fun read after finishing Wuthering Heights (a huuuuuge struggle for me).

Summer (paradisecity) | 37 comments Brandi wrote: "I'm also very excited for a fun read after finishing Wuthering Heights (a huuuuuge struggle for me)."

I still remember reading that from high school because it was such a slog. Glad you're moving on to something you'll (hopefully!) enjoy more.

Laura (laurapainter) | 38 comments I've yet to purchase the book but decided to look here to see if anyone mentioned if the book and movie were very similar. I'm surprised that some don't like the movie! I love the movie and will definitely read the book at some stage.

Brandi | 115 comments Laura wrote: "I've yet to purchase the book but decided to look here to see if anyone mentioned if the book and movie were very similar. I'm surprised that some don't like the movie! I love the movie and will de..."

I'm not far along, and I'm not going to give anything away, but they're definitely in the same spirit of one another. I think if you loved the movie you'll very much so enjoy the book.

Laura (lfergu11) | 84 comments This has been on my to read list for quite some time, so I will be reading along this month as well.

Korina | 22 comments I have never read this but I love the movie! I picked up a huge illustrated edition at my library so it will be exciting to read it in that format! Here I go!

message 21: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura (goatgrl48) | 6 comments I have seen the movies, but I haven't read it. Will be reading along this month.

EVERYONE Has Read This but Me - The Catch-Up...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Princess Bride (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

William Goldman (other topics)