Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > April Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2008 comments Mod
What audiobooks are you listening to this month? Please share your thoughts with us about the books you have completed.

message 2: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Hay Chan | 2 comments Just finished CD Reiss's "Complete Submission" series read by Jo Raylan and Christian Fox. Great story; beautiful romance; hot scenes.

message 3: by Samantha (new)

CD Reiss is normally good.

message 4: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 685 comments I'm listening to Ghosted by J.M. Darhower Ghosted by J.M. Darhower.

** Available with the Audible Romance Package

message 5: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 331 comments I just read Thirty Day Boyfriend by Whitney G. Thirty Day Boyfriend by Whitney G. and Narrated by Erin Mallon & Zachary Webber.

It was just about perfect. The narration was great, the story was hilarious and sexy and sweet. My only complaint was that it was too dang short!!

** Available with the Audible Romance Package

message 6: by Samantha (new)

KathyB and Sassafrass, I'm adding both books my list.

message 7: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 134 comments Sassafrass wrote: "I just read Thirty Day Boyfriend by Whitney G. Thirty Day Boyfriend by Whitney G. and Narrated by Erin Mallon & Zachary Webber.

It was just about perfect. T..."

I loved this one!! It only lost 0.5 stars because I wanted more =)

message 8: by Samantha (new)

I'm listening to Take Me Back by Meghan March Take Me Back by Meghan March

message 9: by Sassafrass (last edited Apr 07, 2019 01:52PM) (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 331 comments I've got that on my library TBR, Samantha.

message 10: by Samantha (new)

I have been listening to alot of books by Meghan March. I figure this was a good quick listen for Sunday but it is taking a weird turn.

message 11: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 331 comments Samantha wrote: "I have been listening to alot of books by Meghan March. I figure this was a good quick listen for Sunday but it is taking a weird turn."

her books do that. LOL

The library has a lot of her books so I will get around to them all at some point

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Yeah but from reading the premise you wouldn't think it would go like this. I'm so confused. LOL!

Mine does too so I have been plucking slowly away at them. I decided to listen to this standalone since I have a few from a series on hold.

message 13: by L J (new)

L J | 366 comments Shelly Laurenston badger books
re-read Bite Me (Pride, #9) by Shelly Laurenston Bite Me
followed by Hot and Badgered (Honey Badger Chronicles, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Hot and Badgered
then the new one In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2) by Shelly Laurenston In a Badger Way

message 14: by Samantha (new)

I didn't enjoy Take Me Back by Meghan March Take Me Back.

Last night, I started Hello Stranger by Lisa Kleypas Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4) by Lisa Kleypas

message 15: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 685 comments I finished Ghosted Ghosted by J.M. Darhower and Thirty Day Boyfriend by Whitney G. Thirty Day Boyfriend.

Now listening to From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata.

** All are included in the Audible Romance package.

message 16: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 476 comments Now listening to The Book of Scandal (The Scandalous Series, #1) by Julia London The Book of Scandal by Julia London

message 17: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 476 comments Samantha wrote: "I didn't enjoy Take Me Back by Meghan MarchTake Me Back.

Last night, I started Hello Stranger by Lisa KleypasHello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4) by Lisa Kleypas"
Someone
Someone

Hope you enjoy Hello Stranger. I did 😊

message 18: by Samantha (new)

Debby "Piene Raven" wrote: "Samantha wrote: "I didn't enjoy Take Me Back by Meghan MarchTake Me Back.

Last night, I started Hello Stranger by Lisa Kleypas[bookcover:Hello ..."

I did but not nearly as much as I had enjoyed the other books in the series.

message 19: by Sarah (last edited Apr 14, 2019 05:16PM) (new)

Sarah (aranel22) | 21 comments OMG! I just finished What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon and it was Amazing!!!

Highly recommend to any Outlander fans, or anyone who love time travel or historical romances set in the 20's and/or in Ireland.

This is my first book from her and I want to read more, but am not sure if she has any others that aren't young adult. As a 30-year-old I just can't usually connect to a MC in his/her teens.

Edit: apparently I read another of her books, Infinity + One in 2015! I liked it, maybe I'll give it a re-read....

message 20: by Samantha (new)

Good to know, Sarah. I want to listen to this 😊

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4427 comments Mod
I’m listening to Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover, Maybe #1.
Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1) by Colleen Hoover

message 22: by L J (last edited Apr 17, 2019 06:49AM) (new)

L J | 366 comments Started audiobook Joran (Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency #31) by Susan Hayes Joran by Susan Hayes. I like it. Switched to ebook due audio problems.
Chapter 1 Heroine and her two friends sign up with a dating agency. Next scene, meet the alien prince looking for a mate using dating agency they set up on earth because their DNA is found in current inhabitants.
audio skipped Chapters 2 & 3
Narrator says "four" Chapter 4 They kiss. They are on his ship. They go to his cabin and have sex.
Narrator says "three" and it is chapter 3 in the book.
Reported to Hoopla as this seems to be a problem with their audio file.
edited to update

message 23: by Jonetta (new)

Sarah wrote: "OMG! I just finished What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon and it was Amazing!!!

Highly recommend to any Outlander fans, or anyone who love time travel or historical romances set in th..."

Thanks for the recommendation, Sarah!

message 24: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 476 comments Starting Lord Perfect Lord Perfect (Carsington Brothers, #3) by Loretta Chase by Loretta Chase

message 25: by Debby*BabyDee (new)

Debby*BabyDee | 476 comments Jonetta wrote: "I’m listening to Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover, Maybe #1.
Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1) by Colleen Hoover"

Can't wait to see your review. This is on my TBR list.

message 26: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover, Maybe #1, and loved it! Here’s my review.

I finished listening to Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover, Maybe #1.5, and got a lot of laughs out of this one. Here’s my review.

I’m now listening to Riven by Roan Parrish, Riven #1.
Maybe Someday (Maybe, #1) by Colleen Hoover Maybe Not (Maybe, #1.5) by Colleen Hoover Riven (Riven, #1) by Roan Parrish

message 27: by L J (last edited Apr 22, 2019 06:54PM) (new)

L J | 366 comments I'm impressed.
In the Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides series Susan Hayes has come up with believable reasons for a number of things including why the aliens have too few females, why earth women are compatible and why the highborn and rich are the ones coming to earth.
Joran (Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides #1; Intergalactic Dating Agency #31) by Susan Hayes #1Joran Vadir (Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides #2; Intergalactic Dating Agency #38) by Susan Hayes #2Vadir Kash (Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides, #3; Intergalactic Dating Agency #43) by Susan Hayes #3Kash
Tarjen (Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides, #4; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #49) by Susan Hayes #4Tarjen Torel (Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides, #5; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #53) by Susan Hayes #5Torel Radek (Star-Crossed Alien Mail Order Brides, #6; Intergalactic Dating Agency, #57) by Susan Hayes #6Radek
Radek is a Romaki ice dragon while all the other title characters are from Pyros and aren't shifters but do have other abilities.
Edit: Susan Hayes has offered free ebook of both Joran and Tarjen on Amazon in the past. All are available in audio from Hoopla.

message 28: by L J (last edited Apr 20, 2019 02:48PM) (new)

L J | 366 comments I've read several books by Becca Fanning but hadn't read any of her MC Bear Mates series.
Mars (MC Bear Mates, #1) by Becca Fanning Mars is book #1 but there is a prequel short story, Growl (MC Bear Mates, #0.5) by Becca Fanning Growl which I think needs to be read first. It is not audio but the kindle edition is free on Amazon. I was about 30% through Mars when I decided to pause and read Growl. It is the set up for the book not just a story with same characters.
Investigative reporter Annette thinks Mars belongs in "three different kinds of romance novels -- shifter/contemporary romance because his hair alone was enough to make any woman weep/MC novel." That's also a pretty good description of the book. Heroine Annette has PTSD due to her experiences in Afghanistan and Iraq. That's a bit different. I'm not even sure how many MC novels I've read where the hero is ex-military with PTSD.
Narrator Audrey Lusk did distinct voices for the characters though I wasn't too crazy about some of the voices she did. Hero bikers, even bears, don't have to be so rough sounding. That won't stop me from reading the others in the series but it took some getting used to.

message 29: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 535 comments Sarah wrote: "OMG! I just finished What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon and it was Amazing!!!

Highly recommend to any Outlander fans, or anyone who love time travel or historical romances set in th..."

Wow! Not only did I love this story, but I have found a new favorite narrator as well. Thank you very much for the recommendation, I was looking for a change of pace.

message 30: by L J (new)

L J | 366 comments Silverlake Shifters series by Anastasia Wilde. First books I've read by her. Silverlake Shifters available as audio but the next three Silverlake Enforcers not audio but ebooks available from kindle unlimited.
Fugitive Mate (Silverlake Shifters) (Volume 1) by Anastasia Wilde #1Fugitive Mate (Silverlake Shifters)
White Wolf Mate (Silverlake Shifters) (Volume 2) by Anastasia Wilde #2White Wolf Mate (Silverlake Shifters)
Tiger Mate (Silverlake Shifters) (Volume 3) by Anastasia Wilde #3Tiger Mate (Silverlake Shifters)
I did the individual audios but Silverlake Shifters Boxed Set by Anastasia Wilde Silverlake Shifters Boxed Set ebooks available from Kindle Unlimited.
I like Hollie Jackson as a narrator and have listened her doing other books.

message 31: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Riven by Roan Parrish, Riven #1, and loved this story steeped in the music world. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Maybe Now by Colleen Hoover, Maybe #2.
Riven (Riven, #1) by Roan Parrish Maybe Now (Maybe, #2) by Colleen Hoover

message 32: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 685 comments I started Repeat by Kylie Scott Repeat by Kylie Scott yesterday. I love amnesia stories, so far it's great. Narration by Andi Arndt is fantastic.

** Available with Audible romance package

message 33: by Jonetta (new)

I love Andi Arndt and am trying to fit in a Kylie Scott book at some point.

message 34: by Samantha (new)

I have never read a Kylie Scott book. She is on my list though.

message 35: by L J (last edited Apr 23, 2019 09:24AM) (new)

L J | 366 comments Wolf Mates series by Dakota Cassidy narrated by Hollie Jackson.
An American Werewolf in Hoboken (Wolf Mates, #1) by Dakota Cassidy #1An American Werewolf in Hoboken was a bit weird and kind of predictable but it was also fun and Hollie Jackson is a good narrator so I picked this as my next series to finish. On the surface they are short fun reads but one after another the dark, sad subplots came through and stuck in my head. I had her other series next in queue but changed my mind about halfway through Wolf Mates series.
What's New, Pussycat? (Wolf Mates, #2) by Dakota Cassidy #2What's New, Pussycat? Gotta Have Faith (Wolf Mates #3) by Dakota Cassidy #3Gotta Have Faith
Moves Like Jagger (Wolf Mates, #4) by Dakota Cassidy #4Moves Like Jagger Bad Case of Loving You (Wolf Mates, #5) by Dakota Cassidy #5Bad Case of Loving You.

message 36: by KathyB (last edited Apr 25, 2019 10:24AM) (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 685 comments I finished Repeat by Kylie Scott Repeat and liked it. Excellent narration, overall a winner for me.

I also listened to You and Only You (Blessings, Georgia, #1) by Sharon Sala You and Only You by Sharon Sala yesterday. I liked the small town setting, and the friends to lovers story was pretty good.

** Both available with the Audible romance package

message 37: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 134 comments I finally finished listening to The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker .
I had so little time to listen over the last few weeks, it took me a while to finish it, but it was a lovely listen. 4+ stars.

message 38: by Jonetta (new)

Melanie♥ wrote: "I finally finished listening to The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker.
I had so little time to listen over the last few weeks, it took me a while to finish it, but it was a lovely listen. 4+ stars."

I enjoyed that one, too.

message 39: by Samantha (new)

Melanie♥ wrote: "I finally finished listening to The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker.
I had so little time to listen over the last few weeks, it took me a while to finish it, but it was a lovely listen. 4+ stars."

Glad you did enjoy it.

message 40: by Samantha (new)

KathyB wrote: "I finished Repeat by Kylie Scott Repeat and liked it. Excellent narration, overall a winner for me.

I also listened to You and Only You (Blessings, Georgia, #1) by Sharon Sala[book:You and Onl..."

All of my GR friends love Repeat. I have to put it on the list.

message 41: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 134 comments I'm adding it too =)

message 42: by KathyB (last edited Apr 25, 2019 12:16PM) (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 685 comments Lorraine wrote: "Just finished CD Reiss's "Complete Submission" series read by Jo Raylan and Christian Fox. Great story; beautiful romance; hot scenes."

Since my last audio was so tame, I decided to listen to something with more heat. I'm now listening to Submission (Submission, #1; Songs of Submission, #1-3) by C.D. Reiss Submission. I didn't know that Jo Raylan is Xe Sands, what a great surprise!

Thanks for listing Lorraine, I've had this on my wish list for a while.

message 43: by Sassafrass (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 331 comments KathyB wrote: "I'm listening to Ghosted by J.M. DarhowerGhosted by J.M. Darhower.

** Available with the Audible Romance Package"

I got ghosted and I really enjoyed it! definitely worth the listen!

Thanks for the recommendation KathyB

message 44: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Maybe Now by Colleen Hoover, Maybe #2, and loved this, especially the four narrators. Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, The Infernal Devices #1.
Maybe Now (Maybe, #2) by Colleen Hoover Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 45: by Samantha (new)

I'm listening to Fool Me Once by Catherine Bybee Fool Me Once (First Wives, #1) by Catherine Bybee

message 46: by L J (last edited Apr 27, 2019 12:07PM) (new)

L J | 366 comments The third book in the Misfits series by Eve Langlais Bunny Misfit (The Misfits #3) by Eve Langlais is narrated by Marie Smith.
Bunny Misfit is the usual Langlais fun if a bit too familiar for me to be enthralled. I thought Misfits series was going to be a trilogy about the three women. Each of the women did get her book but the epilogue indicates the story will go on either in this series or in another. This seems to have become the Langlais norm with series story arcs that go on and on. I used to try to read all Langlais books and read them in order but that seems pointless as the story arcs are ongoing.

message 47: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to Fatal Reckoning by Marie Force, Fatal #14.
Fatal Reckoning (Fatal, #14) by Marie Force

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.