Our Great American Read discussion

General > What are you reading right now from the GAR list

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments Reading the first in the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov.
Foundation Foundation (Foundation #1) by Isaac Asimov

message 2: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments I have completed Foundation. It was interesting but not my favorite. I am starting Gone with the Wind today.

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments Loved Gone with the Wind. Starting Along Came a Spider this afternoon.

message 4: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments Along Came a Spider was good, fast reading but not great. Started And Then There Were None last night.

message 5: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments Finished And Then There Were None. If you have not read it I recommend it. Make sure you read the last letter (sent by the trawler captain) in the book. I am reading Where the Red Fern Grows now.

message 6: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments I will be starting Jurassic Park in the next couple of days. If anyone wishes to join me and comment let me know. I will open up a thread.

message 7: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments I started Gone Girl this evening. I finished Jurassic Park. The writing was good so I gave it 3 stars but the subject matter wasn't exactly my cup of tea.

message 9: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 96 comments I am reading Tales of the City. It is the first book of nine in the series. Since I grew up during that era - just about the same age as the Mary Ann, the main character - it is funny because it just seems like a slice of life from the mid 70's.